Chapter 7 - A prodigy?!?

Violet POV

(Le hoodie dried during P.E.) Last period I had an all out dodgeball battle and totally dominated. Now I'm standing in Orchestra confused as hell where to sit. Apparently we have a test today to see where our seating would be. Since I transferred in the middle of the month almost everybody had their seats already.

"Taryleen Williams!" She looked nervous. Taryleen plays the Cello, since we are the "String" Orchestra we only have the violin, viola, cello, and bass. I've heard the whispers going around, apparently Taryleen is a very outstanding cellist. I can't wait to hear her play!

Taryleen just finished her piece and I now see why they say she's outstanding! She plays beautifully. "Violet Winters!" I'm not even worried, I'm fine with any seat, but I am glad I kept the violin my grandma bought for me. She said I could use the violin when I fit it.

I walk up to the teacher and notice her admiring my violin. "Beautiful violin you've got there." She says. "Thank you, my grandma got it for me before she died." I replied to her, remembering when I received my violin.

*flashback*

"Violet!" My grandma shouts to me. "Yes granny!" My 3 - year old self asks her. "Happy birthday, dear!" My eyes light up when I hear birthday. She lightly chuckles and gives me a big box with a "Caution: Fragile" warning plastered on the front. "Here's your gift. Open it up!" She encourages. I open the box and see a beautiful black case. I take out the case and look at it confused. 'What in the world is this?' I thought to myself. "Granny what is it?" "Open the case silly!" She replies. "It's a violin." Me being my young self did not know what a violin was. Granny also signed me up for lessons. She died shortly after my birthday, but I took the lessons until I was 13 then stopped because my teacher had died in a car accident.

*flashback end*

"It's very special to me." I whisper looking at my violin. "Anyway, I'm going to ask a couple of questions then you will tell me what you are going to play and play it. Got it?" She questioned "Got it!" I replied back. "Okay, have you played before?" "Yes." I reply. "How long have you played?" "From 3 - 13 so 10 years." "Impressive. Have you ever played in an orchestra?" "No." I reply back. She looks at me shocked, wonder why. "How long have you stopped playing?" "Four years." I answer. "Alrighty! Last question, what are you going to play?" I already know what I was going to play. My grandma's favorite song, " is Love Story" by Beethoven. "I am going to be playing 'Love Story' by Beethoven." "Go right ahead. Also I'm going to be recording, since I recorded all the other students' pieces." (Play the song now. You can ignore the piano, unless you don't want to. Listen to the whole song then continue reading. Close your eyes and enjoy, I sure did.)

"That was beautiful Violet. Even if you stopped playing for 4 years, I would have loved to hear what you sounded like before." "Thank you! If you would like to hear what I sounded like before, look up 'Valencia Music Competition' 2014 (made this up) I was 13 when I entered. The last time I played was at this competition." I told her. She smiled and said, "Certainly will do that during lunch!" I laughed and walked away, as she called the next person.

Taryleen ran up to me and said, "Girl, Ms. Rebecca never compliments anyone! And I mean ANYONE!! Do you know what that means?!?" "Um..no?" I replied, though it came out more as a question. "You are a prodigy!! Your so good at playing!!!" "I doubt that!" I said. She huffed and gave me the 'whatever-you-say-I-will-keep-thinking-your-a-prodigy' look.

Ms. Rebecca decided to re - test everybody since she was having trouble with the seats now. She said she would post the seating chart next week. We got to do whatever we wanted for the rest of class.

*lunch*

As we entered the cafe we walked up to the boys and sat down. Well I sat down, Taryleen sat on Alex's lap. (PDA guys! I see it everywhere at school!) Alex gives Taryleen a quick peck on the cheek and we talk about how our day was.

Taryleen POV

I cant believe a shy girl like Violet is a prodigy, and was in a really famous competition. I wonder if she won?

I grab out my phone go onto YouTube and search 'Valencia Music Competition 2014' And see a bunch of videos of the comp. as I was scrolling down the long page of video's, one catches my eye. 'Violet Winters, prodigy violinist performance'. I click it and see 13 - year old Violet standing on a stage wearing a black, long-sleeve dress, with lace along the edges of the dress. She was wearing black high heels and had a little bit of make up on. She had her hair uncovered, in all it's red glory. I put my earbuds in and listened to her play "River Flows in You". Alex noticed I was watching something and pulled out my left earbud and put it in his right ear.

By the time the video had finished the audience in the video started cheering and applauding. She bowed and exited the stage. The video ended.

I grabbed my earbud form Alex and put my phone away. "Who was that?" Alex whispered in my ear. "Who did it look like?" I asked him. "V-Violet. She looked l-like Violet." He replied stuttering. "The girl you just saw was a teenager named Violet Winters, 13-Years old." I whisper back to him. "Th-that was Violet!" He whisper-shouts. I nod my head and from the look in his eyes he was gonna ask Violet about it. I tapped his arm. He looked at me and I shook my head no. He nodded in understanding. We jump back into the conversation and continue lunch.

Ryder POV

Across the table I saw Taryleen and Alex watching something. When the video, I guess, ended, Alex whispered something to Taryleen and she whispered back. They continued whispering to each other then she nodded, then shook her head, and lastly he nodded back. It looked like they were watching something interesting. I'll have to ask about t when we get home.

————————————————————————

I was writing the ending of this chapter and my dad thought of a REALLY good idea for a book and I wanted to write it, but it was based off of my dad's dream and I don't know what the characters names or looks are so I'm gonna make him write it!! Summer is coming up soon and since I don't have a life at all (my social life is dead) I will be able to write more chapters!!!! YAYYYY!!! Peace out lil' chicken nuggets! (1184 words)