Chapter 5 - The sleepover

(A/N)
This song does not relate to the story, I just like it! The photo is Ryder's mansion.
————————————————————————
Violet POV

(6:00 pm)

"Ryder! We're home!" Someone shouts from the door. "I thought you guys were visiting Grandma! Why are you guys back so early?" Ryder asks a man, who I am 99.99% sure is his father. "We thought we'd surprise you." Ryder's father replied. "Well I have the guys over and Taryleen and her friend are here as well." Ryder said. "That's fine," he replied. "Your mother, sister, and I, will be at the summer house for the week anyway. I would like for you to come, but you always decline. You can stay here if you like." "Thanks father!" Ryder said smiling at his father.

Ryder's Mom and Sister came in the room and hugged Ryder. They then noticed everyone else in the room. Ryder's mother spoke up and asked, "So Ryder, who is this lovely, young lady here?" I'm guessing she's asking about me.

"Oh Mom, Dad, this is Violet. She's the one Taryleen has been talking about this whole time." Ryder responds. "Hmmm, she's cute. Are you sure she isn't your girlfriend~?" Ryder's sister, Angela, asks. My brain finally registered what she said and my face turned as bright as my hair. "Aw look she's blushing!! Ryder look!!" Ryder's Mom says.

Ryder turns to looks at me and he starts blushing too. As bright as my face actually. "Nee, Ryder, your blushing too!!" Angela states. "N-no I'm n-not!" He stuttered, obviously flustered.

*timeskip*

It's 10:00 pm and it's time to set the prank in motion. Taryleen is obviously in on it. "Ok what are we gonna do, Violet?" She asks in a hushed voice. Making sure no one could here I explain the plan. "Got it?" I ask her. "This is going to be so good!!!" She squeals.

We walk down stairs to the living room where the boys are playing video games. "Hey guys," and start. "want to play Hide and Seek?" Taryleen asks. Trying to make them say yes, we use our puppy dog eyes. Ryan looks at us then to Alex, and lastly Ryder. They all nod. Alex speaks up, "Sure, but, it's guys vs. girls!" The plan is a success. "Oh your on!" I say cockily.

After discussing the rules we decided on the classic hide and seek, the boys are it. They have to find us. But what they don't know, is that we booby trapped....the ENTIRE house. Only we know where and how they are triggered.

"Alright, GIRLS, you have 20 seconds." Ryder says. I feel like he's mocking us. We'll prove him wrong! I exchange glances with Taryleen. Once he turned around we dashed to our hiding spots. We text each other where we were and wait. 'I'm so glad we set up those hidden camera's at every single prank we set!'

Taryleen 🤪: Hey girl, I'm hiding in the fridge!!
Violet 😊: That's a good hiding spot! I'm hiding in the attic!
Violet 😊: Hey Taryleen the boys are about done counting. Look at the camera's!

I go out of the message app and go to my watcher's app. We watch as the boys open their eyes and start looking in the living room. Only to trigger a trap. Alex trips the wire, going up the stairs and gets covered in paint. He gets up, turns around, and runs into the kitchen. Only to slip and fall from all the oil we put on the ground. "Dang it!" He muttered to himself.

Ryder POV

I watch as Alex trips on a wire and gets covered in paint. 'So they set up traps.' I smirk and tell Ryan to watch out for traps. He nods and continues looking. I walk outside to the shed. I grab 3 water guns and fill them with water. When I come back in the house. Alex is laying on the ground, in the kitchen, groaning in pain.

I look around and see a camera, hidden in a cereal box pointing towards where Alex fell. I look at it and smirk, 'They're watching.' I hear a thud and turn around. Ryan fell down the stairs. I'm guessing he got knocked back by a trap as well.

Violet POV

Ryder picks up the camera and smirks at it. He puts it down and turns and I see Ryan fall down the stairs. I feel bad for Taryleen, she's surrounded, but they don't know she's there. Ryder then looks like he remembered something and walks up to Ryan and Alex. That's when I notice the water guns in his hands. My eyes widen and I text Taryleen.

Violet 😊: THEY HAVE WATER GUNS!!!!
Taryleen 🤪: WHAT!!!
Violet 😊: Ryder has them in his hands!!
Taryleen 🤪: I better stay quiet. I can hear them outside.
Violet 😊: Good luck!

Ryder POV

I hear a slight buzz and look around. I hear it again coming from the fridge. 'Only Taryleen would hide in the fridge.' I lightly chuckle and say "Taryleen~! I know your in the fridge~! If you don't want your phone to get wet I suggest you come out peacefully!" I wait a couple seconds and open the fridge. Taryleen jumps out and books it upstairs, I'm guessing to Violet. Ryan yells up the stairs, "YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!!" Alex, Ryan and I run up the stairs and see Taryleen at the end of the hall. It seems sketchy, but we run after her. 'What the! How'd she disappear?' We look around, but she's gone.

We hear a grunt and turn around, Ryan's gone. All of a sudden we hear yelling and look up to see Taryleen and Violet jumping on our shoulders. (Violet isn't wearing her hood)

Violet POV

I watch Taryleen run up the stairs and get into position. I do too. We wait then hear, the boys run up the stairs. They see Taryleen and run after her. She turns to where I'm hiding and gives me the signal. Ryder, Ryan and Alex pop up around the corner and look around, obviously wondering where she went. I give Taryleen the signal and she covers Ryan's mouth with her hand and drags him away. She comes up here and we wait till Ryder and Alex are underneath us. We jump and land on their shoulders, laughing our butts off! Ryder grabs me and brings me down stairs. Taryleen is being brought by Alex.

"We found you~!" A creepy smile comes onto Ryder's face....

————————————————————————I had so much fun creating the traps! Thank you Angela for agreeing to be Ryder's sister! And for being my Unofficial Official Editor! Next update will be a character episode! Bye!!! (1124words)