Chapter 6 - Dodgeball! And a hidden ability?

Violet POV

A creepy smile comes onto Ryder's face... "Ryder? Why are you s-smiling like t-that?" I stutter. "Oh~ you don't know~!" He sings with a smirk on his face. He hovers his hands over my sides. Brushing them with his fingers.

"R-Ryder, s-stop it." I whimper. He stops, but I don't think he's going to completely stop. He puts his hands back where they were before and starts tickling me! "Ryder!! STOP!!" I laugh trying to catch my breath. I smacked his hands away and he pouted. "B-But I was having so much fuuunn." I glare at him and he starts snickering.

*timeskip*

"Alright guys, it's a school night. Go to bed!" Ryder shouts down the hall. A little after, all the lights in the house shut off, leaving the house in complete darkness. "Hey Violet?" Taryleen asks me. "Yea?" I answer. "I'm glad I met you." She whispers with a smile evident in her voice. "Me too." I whisper back. 'Taryleen you have no idea how much you've saved me.'  We both eventually fell asleep.

*morning*

"GET UP YOU LAZY BUTTS!" Someone shouts from the kitchen. Taryleen and I both groan in annoyance. Ryder burst in with a pan and wooden spoon, banging them together. "Nooo, I don't want to gooooo!" I pout. "Well it's 7:45 so you might want to hurry up." Ryder smirks. "ITS 7:45!!!! TARYLEEN GET UP WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" I yell putting my clothes and make up on.

We run down stairs ready to go to school and the guys are still in their PJ's. Taryleen and I both having confused faces on, the boys point to the clock, 6:30.

We slowly turn around and look at Ryder. He started to sprint outside. One thing you must never do is, to never, EVER, wake up a girl saying she's late and it's frickin' 6:30.

We sprint after him and tackle him. Ryder falls face, first in mud. Taryleen and I are already rolling in the grass laughing our asses off. Ryder smirks. 'Crap!'. We book it into the house and lock the door, leaving Ryder outside, shirtless and muddy.

*timeskip*

Ryder's not muddy anymore and everyone's in the car. All of a sudden my favorite song comes on. Taryleen looks at me and I look at her. Guess we're on the same page. Ryan notices our exchange and yells, "Cover your ears!!! The girls are gonna sing!" Ryder, only having one hand to cover his ears, starts fake crying.

The best part of the song comes on and Taryleen and I start screaming the lyrics, "AND GIRLS, THEY WANNA HAVE FU-UN, OH GIRLS JSUT WANNA HAVE FUUUNN!!!" Since the song is so catchy the boys decide to sing along as well. "Guys we sound like something dying!" I try to say in between my laughter.

We arrive at school and everyone stares at us. I start to feel really self conscious. I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to Ryder. "Don't worry, they're just jealous of how beautiful you are." He whispers in my ear. (Violet is wearing her hood) "thanks." I reply. (I just got a text from my dad saying my Great Grandma just died.)

We walk to our next class, P.E., since it was the only class we all had together. Taryleen and I head to the girls locker room to get changed and I assume the boys headed to the boys locker room.

"Alright kids, listen up! Today we are going to stretch then run laps, last we are playing dodgeball!" At the mention of dodgeball everyone groans, except me, I love dodgeball. "What was that! You want to run more laps!" The room coursed with no's. "Alright then, Shoo!"

We finished stretching and started running our laps. All the jocks were running up ahead trying to show off, 'Idiots'. I keep a steady pace so I don't run out of energy, after all we are running 5 laps. (I would die on the first)

After a while the jocks started jogging, 'It's only their 3rd lap!' I'm in the front running, along with another girl. All the others are a good distance away from us.

As we head to our 5th and final lap the girl, running with me before starts to jog. Still running I pass the jocks, now on their 4th lap. They just stare at me in disbelief while I just smirk.

*timeskip*

I'm laying on the ground not disturbing anyone, and I get a bucket of water dumped on me. I jolt up and look around for the person who did it. Only to find out the person was non other than Amber Cross. "Get the fxck up!" She screeches. I continue to lay down. Knowing she will try to either pull me up, take off my hood, or kick me, I roll out of the way just in the nick of time. Her foot lands right where my head previously was.

She scoffs and yells, "Miss!!! This Sl-Violet is just lying on the ground!!!" 'Tattletale' I snicker to myself. "Amber, Ms. Winters may lay down if she pleases, she completed all of her laps first, she may now rest!" Ms. Jill yells back at Amber. She just walks away, looking super pissed.

Remembering I got water dumped all over me, I see my jacket is completely soaked. I get up so we can start dodgeball.

The whistle blows and I rush to get a ball. I grab the nearest ball and throw it at one of the jocks. He is now out. I move my focus to another ball that landed near me. I grab it and throw it at Amber. She screeches and stalks away to the sidelines. I snicker as she trips and chips her nail.

After about 10 minutes, I'm the only one left on my team and there are 9 people on the opposing team. 'Might as well use this gift of mine,' i thought to myself. A ball is thrown my way, I do the splits and it goes directly over my head. I get up and another ball is thrown. I backflip and the ball flies underneath my body. The last ball the other team has is thrown and I catch it, causing that person to go out.

I now have all the balls.

I look at the other team and that's when I notice Ryder, Alex, Ryan, and Taryleen, are all on the enemy team. '8'

I swiftly kneel and throw a curve ball, hitting two unknown people in the stomach and leg. '7...6' Ryan grabs the ball and chucks it toward me trying to hit my arm. I catch it and throw it at Alex. Both of them are out. '5...4'.

I grab a ball and throw it at the shin of another unknown person. '3' Taryleen and Ryder go to opposite ends of their side. I grab two balls and charge forward. Taryleen and Ryder throw their balls at the same time. I do a no handed cartwheel (IDK what they are called) and dodge the balls. Gripping onto the balls in my hands I curve the balls and release them with my arms crossed in an X shape. Knocking both Taryleen and Ryder in the arms. '2...1...Victory!'

I look around to see everyone's mouths gaping wide open, even Amber. I just stare at them and my team starts whooping and clapping for the win I gave to them. The other team just glared at me except for my friends. They look at me with wide-eyes. I walk up to them and snap my fingers in front of their faces. They snap out of the trance they were in and give me a group hug. 'This is nice!' I think to myself smiling like an idiot.

————————————————————————
I had so much fun writing the dodgeball scene! If you couldn't figure out what her "ability" was it was her flexibility and gymnastics. I had planned on bringing in 2 of the characters mentioned in the character info, but decided to wait a bit more. Also since I am pre-writing most of the chapters before I publish the book, my great grandma died 5/21/18 not when I publish this chapter. TALEY HO MY DEAR READERS!!! 😂 (1402 words)