Chapter 10 - The party

( I am obsessed with this rn. My mom is annoyed since I always watch the 10 hours of "Hi, Welcome to Chili's!" 😂)

Ryder POV

I'm walking down the hall when I spot the person I was tryin to avoid the most, Amber. "Ryder!!! Come here, I need to ask you something!" She says waving to me.

I walk over to her, "What?" I deadpan. "Soooo, there is a party after school and I was wondering if you would go with me?" She asks sounding 'nervous'. "Sorry Amber, but I'm already going with somebody else." I lie straight through my teeth. Well half lie, I plan on asking Violet.

"But Ryder~ your my boyfriend!!" I raise my eyebrow at her and she just pouts. She looks like a little kid. Not my type. "First, I am not your boyfriend. Two, stop that's annoying. And third, I'm not going to the party with you." I reply turning around. She scoffs and walks away. The sound of her heels clacking off in the distance.

Amber POV (surprise hahaha)

'I'm gonna kill her!!! She stole Ryder from me!' I think to myself as strut away from Ryder, swaying my hips hoping he's looking. He's not. (I wonder why? Sarcasm over 9000) I turn the corner and bump into someone. I look up to see Violet. I smirk and mock her, "Ha, think you can steal Ryder from me? Well you can't, he already proposed!" I say. I was lying, but she doesn't know that. She replies saying, "Well, if he did propose, wheres your ring?"

I frantically look around trying to think of an excuse. "He hasn't bought it yet!" I smirk triumphantly. She looks at my left hand then back up to my face. She raises her eyebrow and says, "Ryder is rich, how could he not but you a ring?" She's got me there, 'Damn!'

I walk away, but not before I whisper, "You'll be gone soon enough."

Violet POV

I stare in disbelief, I can't believe Amber would say that. "Violet! Oh there you are!" Taryleen shouts hugging the life out of me. "Ya I'm fine. Were you looking for me?" I ask her. "I was, class is gonna start soon!" Oh crap! I grab her hand and run down the hall to our next class.

"Ms. Williams, Ms. Winters, care to explain why you're late?" Ms. Rebecca scolds is. "Sorry Ms. Rebecca, someone stopped us in he hall." I squeak. "Oh, well go look at the board to see your seating." "Okay!" We shout in unison.

We look at the seating to find we got the seats we wanted. "Taryleen, you got first chair cello!!" "Violet you got first chair violin!!" We both squeal very loudly.

We sit down and begin practice. What I didn't know was that Amber was the previous seat one. I replaced her and now she's seat two. While we practice Amber was consistently messing up, so we stopped practice to find out what was wrong. "Mrs. Rebecca, I know what's wrong!" She looks at me and nods. I gently grab Ambers violin and move the bride back to its place. I then tune it. I play it a little to test the sound. "Thanks Violet. It sounds better than before now!" Amber smiles at me, a genuine smile. I smile back and we continue class.

*lunch*

"Violet! During class, that was a genuine smile Amber gave wasn't it?!?" I nod my head and continue to eat my lunch. The guys walk up and I hear then talking in French. "Comment vais-je lui demander?" (How am I going to ask her?) Ryder asks. "Mec, ce n'est pas dur. Dites simplement: 'Violet, veux-tu aller faire la fête avec moi ce soir?'" (Dude, it's not hard. Just say, 'Violet, do you want to go to the party with me tonight?') Ryan tells him, unaware that I know how to speak French. "J'aimerais aller avec vous, Ryder!" (I would like to go with you, Ryder!) I reply back to them. Shock written all over their faces.