Chapter 16 - Settling back in

Ryder POV

It's been seven years. I convinced the school to send an invitation to the reunion to Violet. She's become super famous. I hope she comes. By now she knows that I kept my promise. I can't wait to see her!

I'm sitting in my office, doing business work. I am the CEO of RacingCorp. We sell and fix race cars. We also have a separate clothing brand. From racing outfits to everyday clothes we make them.

Anyway, I'm in my mansion that's in the mountains. I've been alone up here for 6 years, but last year another house was built. I never see anyone there so I'm guessing it's a vacation home. I wonder who lives there?

Violet POV

As I exit my jet my flowing black dress instantly catches the wind and my sunglasses shield my eyes from the sun. I turn around to start walking into my house when another mansion next to mine catches my eye. 'Someone else is here?' I shake my head and continue my walk.

As I enter I am greeted with a beautiful living room. Hallways leading out from the left, right, and straight ahead. "Could I have the blueprints of the house. It's been a year and I forgot where everything was! Since I need to unpack, I am too busy to look around the house. Maybe when I'm done I will though." I lightly chuckle to my butler Blake.

He's in his mid to late 30's and is an extremely funny guy. I don't like being bossy and all that. So I ask my butlers and maids to relax and act how they usually would.

Blake hands me the blueprints that I asked for and I'm amazed how big this place is. The hallway to the right leads to a medium sized guest room. The hallway to the left goes to a bathroom and the one straight down goes to the kitchen. The stairs in the living room head straight up to the second floor.

In the second floor there are 5 guest rooms my room, 6 more bathrooms, game room, recording studio, and my office. There is also a pool and hot tub in the huge yard in back of the house. I had my 2 favorite vehicles shipped here from New York. The cars I left California with. My motorcycle and my car. (If you forgot what they look like here's a pic)

 (If you forgot what they look like here's a pic)

"Hey Blake! I'm in the mood to look around, so I'm going to take my motorcycle and see if anything has changed

"Hey Blake! I'm in the mood to look around, so I'm going to take my motorcycle and see if anything has changed." I tell Blake as I pat his shoulder. He bows and waves me off. First I go upstairs and change into a royal blue flowing tank top, black jeans, and my combat boots. I grab my phone and head out side.

I hop on my bike and drive into town. I drive to my old house and knock on he door. The door opens to reveal a lady. "Um hello?" She greets, but it sounds more like a question. "Yes, hi. Does anyone with the name Shayna or Brianna live here?" I ask the lady. "Oh yes! My name is Brianna! My sister Shayna is in her third year of college! I'm just here visiting friends!" Brianna says. My eyes widened. She grew up so much! I'm sad she didn't recognize me, but that's understandable. I found a coloring that I could put in my hair. Now my hair is black.

"Well you know my name. What's yours!?" Brianna asks. "Well I'm glad to see that you've grown well." I lightly chuckle. Her facial expression turns to a confused one. "Sorry i forgot to introduce myself again. My name is Violet Winters. Pleasure to see you again my dear younger sister." I say winking and wiggling my fingers at her.

Her eyes widen and she runs up to me and hugs me. I am taken by surprise, but hug her back. "Where did you go to? Why did you leave? Do you know how broken Ryder was? Ryder...oh god...RYDER! How is he gonna react to see you here? He's gonna freak!" I'm getting annoyed so I cover her mouth with my hand. "Quiet. You are hurting my ears." She nods and shuts her mouth.

"To answer your questions, New York, you guys didn't need me, nope, and I have no clue." I say answering all her questions.

"So you live in New York now?" Brianna asks. I nod. "Then why are you here?" "Well remember seven years ago Ryder talked to me over the phone.?" She nods. "I said if he managed to get me an invite to the reunion, I might come. Here I am for the reunion." I smile. She squeals.

"We are going out!" She says as she grabs my wrist and drags me outside. I roll my eyes and hop on my bike. I give her the helmet on the storage of my bike and ask her, "So...where are we going?" I ask with a smirk. She smirks back. "To pay a visit to Angela....and prank her!" She laughs. I laugh as well. "Where does she live now?" I ask. "She still lives with Ryder." She answers. I nod. "And we're does he live?" "In a mansion on the mountain." I freeze. 'My neighbor is...RYDER!!!'

I nod. "I live up there too." She laughs. I shake my head smiling and zoom back home.

"Blake! I'm back! My sisters with me as well!" I shout through my mansion. "Who's Blake?" Brianna asks. "Oh he's just my butler." She nods in response. "Got it, My Lady." I chuckle at the name. He knows I don't like it. I head upstairs to my room, Brianna close behind.

"Ok so I still need to unpack. Do you mind helping me?" I ask Brianna. She shakes her head back excitingly. 'Guess she wants to help.'

*timeskip: dome unpacking*

"Since it's late do you wanna sleep over?" I ask her. "Sure!" I nod. Then I notice a light flicker next to me. I turn my head to see a person in the window in the mansion next to me, Ryder. "Hey isn't that Ryder?" I ask Brianna. "Oh ya! It is! Watch this!" She says. Brianna grabs a flash light and starts turning it off and on. Ryder turns around looks straight at us. Brianna waves and I just sit there awkwardly avoiding his eyes.

From what I can see, his eyes widen and he grabs his phone. Brianna's phone dings.

Ryder 😎: Is that Violet!!!?!?
Brianna 🦊: Yup! She came to visit me earlier.
"Hey Violet?" Brianna asks. "Hmm." I hum. "Do you have a computer I can borrow?" She asks. "Yup. Here you go." I tell her ask pass her my laptop. She says a quick thank you and logs onto FaceTime. She dials a number and it picks up.

"Hey Ryder!" My head snaps in her direction. "You called Ryder!?!?" I whisper-shout. She nods back smirking. "Can I talk to Violet?" Ryder asks. I sigh turning my laptop to face me. "What do you want Ryder?" I ask him. "To apologize." "Ok and?" He sighs. "I also wanted to say that from the first time I saw you yelling at that bird I fell for you. Violet...I love you." He says smiling at me from the screen. My eyes are wide as saucers. 'What do I say back?!?!'

————————————————————————
Yup! They're neighbors. My mom forgot to pay the cable so my WiFi sucks rn. The pics weren't loading in! 😑 Also!!!!! I have and update schedule-ish. I update every Thursday and Tuesday, maybe Sunday if I'm not busy. Thank you Angela for helping me with what to write in this chapter! P.S. ZESTIN FOR LIFE!!!! [It's an inside joke between the two of us] (1310 words)