Chapter 13 - My Return

Violet POV

"Ms. Winters, care to explain where you have been for the past 6 months?" Mr Panik asks. "Sorry Mr. Panik I got kidnapped and escaped a couple weeks ago." I say apologetically. Everyone's eyes widen in shock except the guys. "W-Well, I'm very sorry about that. I didn't know. He apologizes.

"Alright, since Ryder couldn't present the PowerPoint 6 months ago, due to his partner missing, they will present today!" Mr. Panik exclaims. He's way to excited for this.

Ryder and I both walk up to the front of the room and set up the power points. I'm going first, so I share about Ryder. "I had a lot of fun learning about my partner. His name is Ryder Nixon Black." Everyone starts cheering at the very mention of him name. "He turned 18, 7 months ago. His family consists of his Mom, Dad, Sister, and 2 Cousins. When he was younger he played the piano, now he plays sports. Any questions?" The room erupted with questions. "Everyone, SHUT UP!!" Mr. Panik shouts. Everyone shuts up. "Ok, if you have any questions raise you're hand." I ask politely.

Most of the hands in the room went up. I glanced at Ryder and mouthed, "help me!" He just snickered and shook his head. I scoffed and picked a person. "Yes?"  "Can Ryder play us something!" I looked at Ryder and his facial expression looked like he was thinking about it.  He turned to me and nodded. "He said he will. Let's g-" "Ah ah ah! Ryder has to present about you first!" Mr. Panik reminds me. "Dang! Alright let's get this over with!" I click my tongue.

"My partners name is Violet Rain Winters. She turned 18 a couple months ago. Her family consists of her Dad, Mom, and two sisters. Her mom and Dad are currently missing, but her sisters go to our school, they're freshman. She's played the violin since she was 3 to 13." Ryder says all at once. "Any questions?"

Around 5 people raise their hands. "Brian." He points to a guy in the back. "Do you mind playing a duet for us?" He asks. Ryder looks at me for permission. I nod and he says, "Ya, we can." The class cheers, mostly since they get to hear Ryder playing the piano.

"Alright class, since they agreed, let's head to the orchestra room." Mr. Panik announces. Everyone grabs their belongings and heads down the hall to the music room.

Ms. Rebecca let's us in since she has her beginning orchestra in class. While we are here, we are demonstrating duets for them.

Ryder head to the piano while I get my violin. "What song should we play Ryder?" I ask. He shrugs. "Maybe we could play a sad song." Ryder suggests.

"Oh hey! Do you know the cords to Rain!?" I ask. He nods yes. "Perfect!" I turn to face our class. "We have decided to play Rain. We need some time to set up, until then," I look at Mr. Panik and Ms. Rebecca, they shrug. "Talk amongst yourselves."

I turn around back to Ryder. "Ok so are you staring or me?" I ask. "I can if you want." He says. I nod.

I start tuning my violin to the perfect sound. "Ok I'm good, how about you Ryder?" "I'm good as well." I turn back around and nod to Mr. Panik. "Class! They are ready!" He shouts to the teens scattered around the classroom. They're attention turns to us and we look at each other and nod. (Play the song and continue reading!)

As we start Ryder's fingers glide against the keys and everybody gasps. After a while I join in. I start off low and make the pitch higher and higher. By now everyone is starting to tear up.

Ms. Rebecca decided to record us for "educational purposes". I hope she doesn't show this tape to any music scouts or turns it in to a competition as an audition! We would have to participate and I haven't been in one for a while. I plan on keeping it like that.

I turn to look at Ryder and he looks at me. We lock eyes and everyone around us disappears. It's only us and the music. 'I-I think I love him.'

Ryder POV

She nods at me and I start the song. As my fingers glide across the keys, notes playing in my head, I can feel my love for music coming back to me.

When Violet joins in, it's beautiful. I could listen to it all day long. Together our music sounds like it's meant to be. I start to feel something foreign in my heart. 'Is this what love feels like?' I look up at my classmates to see most crying and some tearing up. I look at Violet to see her already looking at me. I smile to her and she smiles back. 'I love this girl.' I think to myself.

Author's POV

As Violet and Ryder finish up their duet, everyone starts clapping and whooping. The orchestra student were writing down notes on sheets of paper. Ryder and Violet stand and bow to the crowd. They smile and hug each other. (The only thing I could think of was Your Lie In April 😭)

Ms. Rebecca POV

Ryder and Violet have something together. It's like their souls connect while they play (Soul Eater). I'm going to audition them for the schools talent show. I can tell they like each other, but won't confess. It's going to be so fun playing Cupid again! I won't hesitate to have a school sleep over.....I will do it.

Violet and Ryder finish their duet and I'm crying. They stand up and bow like true musicians.

Violet POV

I pack up my violin and Ryder just watches me. I blush under his gaze. I really like him, but he doesn't notice. I'm like a little sister to him. Oh well. He has Amber and I have my sisters.

"Hey Violet..." Ryder asks. "Ya?" I reply. I run my hand through my hair to get it out of my way. Ryder blushes and brushes his hand over his face. Presumably to hide his blush. He looks me straight in the eyes. "Violet, I-"

————————————————————————

It took me 3 days to finish this chapter. I was too lazy and was engrossed in books. Also I am in Maui on a trip for a month and 3 quarters. Also I have been on face time with the real Shayna and she just hung up. We've been chatting-ish for 3 hours and 40 something minutes! I plan on writing a bunch of chapters today and tomorrow. Then slack off for a while. I didn't proofread, sorry bout that! Thank you Angela and my Nana for helping me choose the duet song. (Funfact: Violet's middle name is Rain and their duet song is titled Rain) (1160 words)