4

When Xu Ming reached the busy town, he was astonished to see how much it had changed in the 100 years since he was sealed.

From what Xu Ming could recalled from 100 years ago, Shuzi village was a small town. There were only 200 families living there, but now the town is filled with houses, businesses, and thousands of people.

The sight was quite awesome in Xu Ming's opinion and he would not have mind sticking around for bit longer. However, since his goal is to repay his debt, he could only sigh and mentally remind himself to come back soon.

---

From what Xu Ming could recall, he remembered one of the guards calling the young boy, Dai Yun. Based off of that, Xu Ming figured that the young boy's family name must be Dai, and started to asks around if anyone knew where the Dai family home is.

Since the Dai family is a ruling family, everyone knew who they were. So aside from a few strange looks, Xu Ming was able to figure out where the Dai family was residing without having to waste too much effort and time.

In addition to that, to Xu Ming's surprised, when he started to ask for direction to the Dai manor, he learned that a few years after he was sealed, the Emperor had changed the town's named from Shuzi to Yu town because of the blessing rainfall ritual that happened there.

Hearing that, Xu Ming scoffs to himself and thinks that the real motive behind changing the town's name must have something to do with governor Yu. From what Xu Ming could remember the old man had always wanted the emperor to assign a town over to him. So he must have somehow been able to 'convince' the Emperor to give it to him. Xu Ming shakes his head as he makes his way towards Huaban city.

---

When Xu Ming arrived to Huaban city, it was even more extravagant than Yu town. The building there were much bigger, and the people appear to be dressed better as well. Xu Ming also noticed that the prices of things were quite strange too.

For example, as Xu Ming walks towards a small knife shop, he saw that the prices of a well-made dagger were at minimum 500 silver pieces.

That was a lot of money! Back in the day, a top-class dagger was only worth 10 silver pieces. How in the world did things become so expensive, Xu Ming thought to himself, as he pouts and tucks his hands into his empty pockets.

"Sir, we have an excellent set of daggers! My father in law made them and they are all of top quality. You would not be able to find another quality dagger at such a good price. Would good sir like a closer look of one." A young man in a shiny, grey robe politely asks in a peppy voice.

The daggers did look quite nice and according to young man, the price was reasonable, so Xu Ming wanted one, but...

"I don't have any money." Xu Ming dejects

Xu Ming watch an annoyed looked quickly replaced the young man's polite smile, before the young man crosses his arms and coldly tells Xu Ming, "Get lost!"

It was almost scary to see how fast the young man could change from calm, peppy, and polite to rude, angry, and annoyed. But since Xu Ming really did not have any money, he quietly left as he was told.

'Hmph! I was once rich, you know.' Xu Ming attempts to comfort himself as he walks away from the shiny shop with his head down.

---

Since Xu Ming did not have any money, he restrained himself from wondering into any stores and/or stalls, and headed straight towards the Dai household.

...

As Xu Ming checks the large, engraved name plate by the entrance to the Dai home for the 5th time to make sure he was not making a mistake, he couldn't hold in his surprised.

'King of the North, Dai Manor' Xu Ming reads to himself.

'Dai Yun is the son of a King.

Huh. The Emperor must have established some sort of king system as well, hmmm...

Now that I think about it, those guards that mention something about the King.

Stupid!!! How could I have forgotten.Tsk

Wait... If Dai Yun is the child of a King and the King is serving under the Emperor...

Well just based on how large this placed is...

Hehhehheh. I'm going to be rich quicker than I had thought.'

Xu Ming quietly laughs internally to himself as he continues to stare at the large, engraved name plate.

...

"Who are you!" A loud voice jolts Xu Ming from his thoughts.

Turning his attention to armed guards, Xu Ming held his head high and smiles softly as he announced, "I am Dai Yun. The son of King Dai."