50

Scrutinizing the flash of sorrow that raced across Yuhan's dark eyes, Xu Ming tilted his head slightly and lifted his chin a bit. 'Does he know Dai Yun...' Xu Ming pondered to himself as Yuhan asked aloud, "Chef Kenju's cooking is respectable. Given your food preferences, it will definitely be to your like... Won't you try it?" Yuhan asked.

Hearing those words and the way that it was said, Xu Ming felt that there was some pleading in it, but couldn't be sure. After all, why would the First Prince of the nation need to plead with him and just the thought of the first prince of the nation begging a low and unfavored heir to dine with him... 'tch. as if that would happen!' Xu Ming scoffed to himself before realizing something strange in Yuhan's words.

"Pardon this lowly subject for asking, however, how does your highness know that the dishes would be to Dai Yun's liking?" Xu Ming felt his eyes narrowed involuntarily and his heart turning cold as he waited for an answer.

Not moving nor flinching his eyes even a bit from Xu Ming's, Yuhan remained silent. As if he was using his slience to answer Xu Ming's question.

'what is this dreaded family up to now!' Xu Ming huffed internally but pasted a pondering expression on his face. "Your highness?" Xu Ming felt lowered his eyes down and felt his gaze turned colder.

However, Yuhan still just intently stared at him without saying a thing.

It wasn't until a few long seconds later that Yuhan melancholy replied, "I know... I'll always remember everything about you. So, I know It'll definitely be to your liking."

Feeling a cold puff of air escape from his mouth, Xu Ming turned away from Yuhan and crossed his arms on his chest.

"Well your highness is wrong. Dai Yun does not like chicken!!!" Xu Ming huffed out before trotting away from the Yuhan, completely disregarding his previous thoughts of remaining polite and low key.

As the crowd of people who had witnessed what had just happened widened their eyes and whispered among themselves, as Xu Ming trotted away, Yuhan quickly followed behind him and blocked his path.

"If it is not to your liking, I'll have the Chef Kenju prepare something else for you... anything and everything that you want?" Yuhan stood in front of Xu Ming and spoke with an earnest light glowing in his gaze.

To be honest, since Xu Ming had always been a foodie, he really did want to try the beggar's chicken. For real, who wouldn't want to eat it after smelling first hand of how delicious the chicken is, but when he heard Yuhan say that He knew everything about Dai Yun, Xu Ming felt nauseous. His previous cravings completely vanishing and he just wanted to storm away from the man in front of him.

"Kekekeke. First brother was only joking... Don't think too much about it. Right, Eldest brother?" Third princess, Princess Feimin giggled as she approached Yuhan's side with a humble looking Dai Li.

"Eldest Brother, the chefs have brought food to your tent.... my dear friend Dai Li and I have not yet eaten, can we dine with you? ...Pretty Please. Food always tastes better when I eat with Eldest brother. " Feimin cutely puffed up her cheeks and opened her big eyes into a puppy dog look, completely ignoring Dai Yun who stood in front of Yuhan.

Not even caring that he is being disregarded, Xu Ming lightly scoffed at Feimin's attempt to be cute and puked internally.

'Yi family à yuck!' Xu Ming reminded himself before attempting to walk around Yuhan and the two girls. But as he moved, like before, Yuhan also moved too.

"In addition to beggar's chicken, Chef Kenju is also well known for his dumplings. They are among the best in the world. There are probably none like it in the world." Yuhan quickly told Xu Ming as he walked in front of him again.