37

From the punishment ground, Xu Ming led the two low rank guards to the Kitchen.

"Came back to apologize?! ...Hmph. Get on your knees and grovel, then this chef may consider your apology, bastard." The chef who stood in front of Xu Ming before and also threw his butcher knife onto the cutting board sneered.

Hearing the chef's arrogant comment, everyone in the kitchen stopped what they were doing and turned towards Xu Ming with mocking smiles.

Not bothering to pay any attention to the group of people, Xu Ming glanced at the two guards.

"For insulting the King, Queen Tian Shu, and degrading the heir to the Dai throne, cut out his tongue and beat him to death." Xu Ming casually told the two guards beside him.

"Huff! What do you think you're saying? If you want to lie, why not say something more believable. The queen of the north is Queen Tian Mi, and lord Dai Hein is the heir to the Dai throne. Tian shu is nothing but a mere concubine and you are nothing but trash. Whoever makes you the heir must be retarded beyond belief." A nearby maid of Tian Mi snarkily replied.

Hearing the young maids comments, instead of saying anything in return, as everyone in the crowd laughed and agree with the girls words, Xu Ming smirked and turned towards the two frowning guards.

...

Seeing Xu Ming's expression of 'what will you do about this situation', the two guards frowned even more.

They knew that if they did not react, Xu Ming will rush back to tell the King and the Tian family about what had just been said. Given everything that had happened earlier between the Tian family and King Dai, the King will then certainly take their lives to make the Tian family happy.

Now is it worth it to sacrifice their lives for the lowly servants and maids. Obviously, the answer is no!

So, after taking in a deep breath, one of the two guards raised his sword and chopped off the maid's head with a clean swoosh.

As blood from the young maid splatter over the chef, the room went silent for 3 whole seconds before people began backing away from the guards and screaming for help.

As everyone in the room continue to scream, "murderer", "killer", "guards", "help!!!!", some nearby guards rushed in with their swords in front of them.

Seeing that their life savers have arrived, everyone attempted to run towards the group of guards that have just arrived and shouted out, "They killed a maid. They're murderers."

The newly arrived group glanced from the de-headed maid to the two guards and then Xu Ming, and frowned.

"What is the meaning of this?" the leader of the guards pressed his lips together.

Tsking under their breaths, the two guards turned to Xu Ming, saw him smirk, then turned back to the leader of the newly arrived group and explained with an annoyed expression, "Beware of who it is that you aim your swords at and who it is that you are defending. That might just be the last thing that you do."

"What?" the leader of the newly arrived guard furrowed his brows.

"The King has declared me as the next heir to the Dai throne and Miss Tian Shu has been raised back to being a queen of Dai. Not only have those slaves insulted Queen Tian Shu and me, the heir to the Dai throne, they went so far as to say that the person who made the declaration is a senseless fool. ....since the one who made that decision and gave this young master the authority to punish and discipline the slaves of the Dai manor is King Dai, that insult is an insult to King Dai. Whoever protects those who insults high officials will also receive the same punishment as the offender. Now, are you willing to share that punishment with those slaves, or punish them for their crimes?" Xu Ming explained with a smiled.