41

"Tsk, why has father started to care so much about that nuisance! Mother, shouldn't you say something?!" Dai Juin growled to Tian Shu as he took a seat back inside the spacious carriage.

Since the Tian family has already filled her in on their scheme, Tian Shu understood why Dai Yun was appointed as the heir, but just like Dai Juin, she could not figure out why King Dai had suddenly begun to care so much about Dai Yun.

Tian Shu shook her head and reminded Dai Juin, "It doesn't matter, at the end of all this, the one who'll get the heir seat is you. Your father must be treating him differently now because he possesses the heir title. Once Yun hands that over to you, even a dog won't care to look at him. Just bear with it for now and remember your grandfather, uncles, and cousin's words."

Dai Juin was still not content with everything, but since the King had all the power, all Dai Juin could do was huff in his seat.

...

After about 30 minutes, a servant finally brought Xu Ming to the front gates.

"Didn't this King tell you to prepare for this day?!" King Dai voiced with anger as soon as the servants announced that Dai Yun had arrive.

But as King Dai Turn around and saw the dark veil covering Xu Ming's face, he changed his question to, "Why is there a veil over your face?"

With a slight bow, Xu Ming replied, "I had an allergic reaction. My eyes have swollen up. For fear of scaring your highness, this young master chose to wear a veil to hide it."

At first King Dai was slightly suspicious of Xu Ming's words, but as he thought about it more, a thought appeared in his mind and quickly worked to ease his worries away.

'Does this mean his whole face is swollen too. Is it still recognizable? Is this the heaven helping me out? Now, if anything happens to him, who will be able to identify him as a member of my family. Isn't this great!'

"This King understands! ...Since all the carriages are full, you can sit with the slaves." King Dai smiled, not even realizing how un-kingly his words were.

...

Without the King even ordering it, Xu Ming was already planning on sitting with the servants and maids.

In the past few days, Xu Ming's condition had gotten so bad that his eyes have changed from the previously black to bright red.

When Xu Ming saw his reflection in the mirror, even he, was shock. The pure look of viciousness in his eyes and the deep hunger within him has already reach the point where it was becoming hard to control around people. It had reached the point where Xu Ming finally decided to give up and return to his master's hideout. In fact, he was planning on leaving tonight, but who would have thought that the Expedition would also be today as well.

Since Dai Yun couldn't just disappear out of nowhere, Xu Ming had to again force himself to push down the viciousness as much as he can.

So, with all that going on, in order to not trigger the already leaking evil in him, choosing to sit with the servants is the way to go. Not only that but Xu Ming also made sure to choose the furthest corner to huddle in so that no one would bother him much.

...

As the long rolls of carriages moved along, Xu Ming had originally prepared himself for at least one or two servants to bother him, but surprisingly, none of them did. They were all to immerse in the story and information from the others.

Xu Ming too also found himself quiet interested in the story that the older servant told as well.

From the stories, he was able to learn that the place they were heading to was mount Zuzhou, and the Emperor's purpose of going there was to strengthen the seal on an extremely evil demon that was sealed there. Xu Ming did not care much about the Emperor's plan, but he was delighted that the destination was mount ZuZhou since it was near his master's hideout.

'I'll sneak away at night. Get this 'thing' fix then head back. It'll be like I was never gone!' Xu Ming smirked.

...

"That demon was extremely vicious! It took over 300,000 soldiers lives to detain him. The Dai family, Feng Family, Gao family, and Xiao family lost a bunch of soldiers because of that Demon." The older servant exclaimed.

With a shock expression, a servant sucked in a breath of air and asked, "Really?! Our King was involved in the fight too?"

The older servant smiled, nodded slightly and corrected the young servant, "It was his highness' late father who was involved with the fight. The reason why the late King pass so soon was because of the deadly wound that he received from that evil thing. Aishhh. it such a shame, the late King was a true hero." The older servant regretfully shook his head.

"Then does this mean that the reason those four family became Kings was because of their contribution to capturing the demon." A young servant boy asked with sparkling eyes.

Nodding his head, the older servant continued to tell them, "Precisely! After subduing that evil creature. To reward all the effort they have exerted and the loss they have endured. His majesty establish four King seats. Sigh. they truly are deserving of it after having defeated such an evil creature!"

The crowd went awe in amazement.

'The Kings are awesome! How courageous. Truly the heart of a warrior!'

"I'll tell you, it was no easy feat to destroy such a demon. He was the worst one that had ever appeared in the history of Kaihua. The beast did not have the moral to even spare crying babies. When he has set his sight on a person, not even the family cat can escape the massacre. Children, women, animal... the beast would slaughter them without even blinking." A hyped-up servant added and made the crowd tsked and shook the head.

"Yeah, and when he doesn't kill them, he makes it so that they won't be able to live on anymore. For instance, there was a man who accidently bumped into him on the street and the demon slaughtered his whole family, including his new born, in the cruelest way possible, and then forced the man to eat their flesh. Then blinded him and crippled him. What a Despicable Monster!" Another servant chimed in.

...

Carefully listening to their stories, Xu Ming furrowed his brows a bit and thought to himself.

'Hmn? Here, I thought I was the only one sealed there. Huh. ...well thank heaven I was not seal next to that demon! phew

...To force a person to eat human flesh... yuck! Thank You heaven for at not burying me next to that demon.'

A/N: Please remember to vote as read