6

As the guards escort Xu Ming towards the servants' quarters, Xu Ming lets out a small huff as he thinks to himself, 'Servants quarters huh. Tch. Such evil parents. tsk.tsk. Dai Yun... Dai Yun... how unlucky.'

When they arrived to the last room at the end of a long building, the two guards stop, push open the door to the an old, dry, and simple room, and then left. They did not even bother to bid Xu Ming farewell, not that he cared.

...

The room was not as bad as Xu Ming had imagined, when he realized that Dai Yun's room is in the servants' quarter, but it was still horrible for a child of the King.

The room is a single space, there was not even a small section off area for washing. Furthermore, aside from a worn wooden bed, a thin blanket, a crappy pillow, and a small wooden table, there was nothing else in the room. Additionally, based off the worn robe and old, used items, that were placed on the square table, Xu Ming assumed that Dai Yun had used that table for storage only. That means he does not even have a place to eat. Now, Xu Ming does not mind eating on the bed, he has done that many times before, but why does Dai Yun not have an old dresser or cabinet. Not even a plain wooden basket is present.

Now, although Xu Ming had been locked away for 100 years, he was pretty confident that even the lowest servants in this manor receive better living accommodations than this. So to treat their own blood this way was unacceptable. But, since Xu Ming was still quite unfamiliar with this place and everyone else's circumstances, his could only sigh, lock the door, air and shake out the blanket and pillow, and call it a night.

---

Xu Ming was never one to follow a routine, he could not be considered a morning bird nor a night owl. It really just depends on what he feels like. If he feels like waking up with the birds then he will, and when he feels like sleeping in and waking up with the owls, he does.

Today, after 100 years of enduring painful tortures daily, even though Xu Ming does not require sleep anymore, Xu Ming had planned to sleep in till his heart's content. However as soon as the birds began chirping, as if on que, the door to his room swung open with a loud 'thunk'.

"You're back?! You're really back?!" A loud, chirpy voice rang closer and closer towards his bed.

As Xu Ming attempts to drown out the high-pitched voice by tucking and wrapping the thin blanket around his head, Xu Ming feels a small pair of hands grip the bottom part of the blanket and then roughly yank it off Xu Ming in one pull.

"It's really you?!" the high pitch voice again spoke.

Since his blanket was pulled away, Xu Ming wills one of his eyes open and sees a short, slender, young girl with rosy cheeks staring at him with big, round, brown orbs.

"Who are you?" Xu Ming groggily asks, as he attempts to pull the blanket back up.

"huh?" the young girl tilts her head to the side.

"I'm tire. Go bother someone else okay kid." Xu Ming mumbles as he drifts back to sleep.

"What?!... have you gone brain dead?! Did your guards hit your head or something, stupid?!" the young girl rages as her chirpy tone changes to a low, annoyed, bossy tone.

"hmmm. Go play with someone else, kay." Xu Ming again mumbles, as he ignores the girl's angry tone and turns to face the wall.

"HMPH! H.How dare you?! Have you forgotten who I am!

I am Reng, the second daughter of King Dai. Ugh. How DARE you treat me like a commoner!! I am going to teach you a lesson. RIGHT NOW." The young girl angrily spat as she grips Xu Ming's blanket, yanks it off, and then tossed it on the dirt floor.