19

As the sun rose, per usual, Xu Ming made his way to the kitchen for food. However, unlike the usual mornings of servants grunting and grumping everywhere, everyone looked nervous yet gossipy.

A: "I can't believe it!!"

B: "Me too. Miss Tian... I didn't know she was that type of person."

C: "...Think about it, she has never learned sword fighting before, how would she know how to use one. I'm sure she was framed. Young Lord Dai Juin couldn't be more correct in my opinion."

D: "But..But didn't you hear... Governor Yu's guards confirmed and insisted that he was well before Tian Shu arrived. And aside from her maid and her, no one else entered the room."

A: "Yeah. Yeah. Even Tian Shu herself said that Governor Yu spoke to her when she arrived."

B: "But I still can't believe it. Not only does Miss Tian not know any martial arts, governor Yu's skilled guard was also found dead. She could not have done it. Right?!"

D: "People do bizarre things these days. I heard that they found some suspicious drugs in the tea pot. Maybe they had an illicit affair and she could not let him reveal it. Otherwise, why else would she go meet him that late at night."

...

Hearing the servants and maids' conversations, Xu Ming was slightly surprised at how fast news traveled. They even got a lot of the information correct.

As Xu Ming makes his way into the kitchen and grabbed some steam buns, just as he was about to take a bite of one, Cuo Xia came running towards him with a teary expression on her face.

"Dai Yun... Your Mo- Miss Tian, Miss Tian... You should come with me." Cuo Xia frantically spoke as she rushed to grab Xu Ming's wrist and pull him to the court room.

...

Since many of the invited officials who have arrived played a some what important role in the imperial court, upon hearing what had transpired last night, they all rushed to the court room to witness how the King will judge Tian Shu and the case.

By the time that Xu Ming and Cuo Xia arrived to the court room, both the inside of the court room and the outside where packed with officials and on lookers.

After squeezing their way in, Xu Ming saw Tian Shu and her personal maid kneeling and sobbing before the King. Dai Juin and Dai Reng both had red eyes and were also kneeling next to their mother as well.

Tian Mi and her children were seat to the left with the Queen Dowager. The Queen Dowager had a deep frown on her face, whereas Tian Mi and her children appeared indifferent to the whole thing.

"Father King, please investigate this thoroughly. Mother has no martial arts skills and governor Yu had his skilled guard by his side. It is not possible for mother to have murder them both, and in such a way." Dai Juin begged King Dai.

"Sniff. Yes Father King, mother could barely stand the sight of blood from a small needle prick. It's impossible for mother to have committed just a gruesome crime." Dai Reng softly sobbed out as she hugged her crying mother.

Now, King Dai was not stupid, given Tian Shu's background and personality, he too thought that she could not have done it. However, politics were politics. Out of all the times that this incident could have occurred, it just had to happen when 3/4th of all the important guest for Dai Li's celebration had arrived to the Dai manor.

Now, given Governor Yu's guards testament that Governor Yu was alive and well just a few minutes before Tian Shu's arrival. Along with Tian Shu's own recollection that Governor Yu was just talking to her a few seconds before the incident occurred, there did not appear to be anyone else who could have done it. Dai Juin had suggested that an intruder could have broken in, but it was impossible for all of Governor Yu's guards and the Manor's guards to not have detect anything.