17

--Back to the present--

Just thinking back to that time caused an involuntary cold glint to flash within Xu Ming's calm, silver eyes. At that time, after following Yu Jianghon to the best restaurant in town, Yu Jianghon had placed the exact same drug in his drink, (that's why he thought the smell he detected from the cup of tea was familiar). Thankfully, at that time, even though Xu Ming couldn't tell exactly what drug it was, he was able to figure out that something was wrong with the drink. When he was finally able to beat the answer as to what the drug was from Yu Jianghon, Xu Ming wanted to chop him into a million pieces for messing with him. However, after cutting off his hands, just as Xu Ming was about to start with another body part, that man stopped him and convinced Xu Ming to just report Yu Jianghon to the justice department.

Just thinking back to it and now, seeing Yu Jianghon free and fully intact in front of him caused a small rage to surge forth inside Xu Ming's heart.

...

As Xu Ming continued to stare at Governor Yu with a cold, icy expression, Governor Yu continued to try to push the door of the bedroom section open with his back.

"It's been so long since we've met. Come here, sit. I have tons of questions for you." Xu Ming calmly spoke as he stared languidly at Governor Yu.

Although, Yu Jianghon was still not sure about what was happening and how Xu Ming came back, having experienced and seen how cruel Xu Ming can be, Governor Yu nervously shook his head and continued to shout as loud as he could for help.

It wasn't until Xu Ming forcefully dragged him to the table and told him that no matter how loud he screamed no one will hear him, that Governor Yu finally quiet down and revealed everything to him.

...

As Governor Yu finished telling Xu Ming about his deal with Tian Shu and of course making it appear that it was all Tian Shu's idea, a sigh escapes from Xu Ming.

"I.. It really w..was not my idea!! I'm not that type of... you know, I told her no. But she insisted. So it's not my fault and you have to let me go." Yu Jianghon frantically shouted as he stared at Xu Ming's calm, beautiful face.

"Hmm... Let you go?... I could you go, but why should I?" Xu Ming asked with a blanked expression as he tilted his head to the side.

Yu Jianghon widen his eyes and instinctively scooched back, but before he could go far, Xu Ming grabbed his wrist and twisted it painfully and pulled him back in place.

"M..MONEY!!" Yu Jianghon shouted aloud as pain shot thru his wristed and up his arm.

"Is that all your life is worth?" Xu Ming smirked and added more pressure to his already crushing grip on Yu Jianghon's wrist.

"AHHHH!!!! P..POWER!" Yu Jianghon sob and shrieked as he tried his hardest to remove Xu Ming's hand.

"Money and power... tempting, but... I've always regretted not finishing what it is that I start. Especially having died once before, if I were to die again, I really don't want to have any more regrets this time around." Xu Ming stated as beamed a vicious smiled and leaned closer to Yu Jianghon's frighten face before crushing Yu Jianghon's wrist.

...

As Xu Ming stood in front of the entrance/exit of Yu Jianghon's room, he glanced at his wrist and then smooth his robe before calmly opening to door and stepping out.

All of the guards that Yu Jianghon brought him were familiar with how Yu Jianghon operated, so they were surprised to Xu Ming walking out of the room completely unharmed and with a smile on his face.

"Ah.. You there. Governor Yu request that you pick up the shatter teacup. It's soiling his sight." Xu Ming stated with a gentle smile as he pointed to one of the guards that brought him there.

The guard said nothing in reply. He just scrunched up his expression in a demeaning way and quickly marched into the guest room.

When the guard came back out with a few pieces of ceramic shards in his palms, Xu Ming had already exited the guest wing.

"Anything strange? Was the governor well?" some guards quickly approached the guard who went inside the guest room.

"Nothing out of the ordinary... Everything looked good and the governor is well." The guard replied as he stared at the broken shards in his palms.