42

After a little more than half a day, the Dai family finally arrived to the resting place, and as Xu Ming cautiously stepped out of the servant carriage and glanced at the surrounding, it felt familiar to him.

Just as Xu Ming thought to himself, 'Isn't this...', the loud gigglings and voices of a few nearby maids interrupted his thoughts.

"Are you going there now? I want to go too!"

"Me too!!"

"Wait for me. I want to go as well."

"Hurry! We need to get there before the ritual starts."

"Coming. coming."

Watching the group of young maids rushing towards the familiar place, Xu Ming slightly narrowed his eyes.

'It couldn't be? ...yeah, it must be a coincidence.' Xu Ming comfort himself before slowly following the trail of the group of maids.

...

"Here it is!"

"Can you believe that a vicious demon dwells in there!"

"—shudder—good thing he's seal away. Look (points to the grassless spot), even grass does not dare grow here. Doesn't this prove how poisonous he was!!!"

As Xu Ming stared at the familiar empty circle that is a few meters away from the group of people that have gathered, he felt a cold chill run up his spine.

'They sealed that vicious demon on top of me right... or perhaps sealed me on top of it...' Xu Ming felt his eyes slowly dazing out.

...

"Phew, it's a good thing the Emperor brought so many high-level monks and priests. I would not feel comfortable being here without them. ...What would we do if this evil thing were to wake up." A high official's son commented to his personal servant.

"Aish! The Emperor has made sure to tighten the seal every 10 years. Even a god probably won't be able to escape. Stop spouting nonsense." Another young master from a distinguish family nervously laughed.

"But... what if..." the younger sister of the high official's son began, but was cut off by the second prince, prince Yi Wuhan's clear voice.

"There is no need to fear. The seal on this thing is as tight as it can get. Even if this thing cuts and crawl its way out, it won't even make it thru the first seal. Rest assure that this thing will be lock for all of eternity." Wuhan declared to the awed crowd with a smile.

"second prince is correct. We're just being silly. With all the work that the Emperor has personally put into this, there is no way for the monster to come out!" The high official's son commented with a pleasing smile.

...

Hearing all their words, Xu Ming looked from Wuhan to the young master, then to the cold expressionless, bronze-skinned man behind Wuhan, thru his dark face veil.

Xu Ming could not say exactly what he wanted from Yuhan, but upon seeing Yuhan's unfeeling expression towards those comments, Xu Ming felt like someone had hollowed out his heart.

Seeing where the alleged demon was sealed and hearing Wuhan's comments, Xu Ming was no fool, he realized that the demon everyone was cursing about was himself.

That along with the aching headache, annoying vicious surge, hunger, and soon to appear blackout, Xu Ming ran away from the dry, circular patch.

...

Since Xu Ming had a dark veil over his face, no one knew his identity and assumed he was a servant, so when he abruptly left, no one even noticed.

...