32

As Xu Ming dragged Kitchen Madame Qian thru the hard cement and rocked path, she would curse and scream, "criminal. Help me. He's trying to kill me." This triggered a few guards to stop Xu Ming, but Xu Ming would just casually tell them that Madame Qian had slandered and tainted the King's reputation. He was simply just bringing her to him to decide her punishment. If they don't believe him, they are free to take madame Qian away from him, they will however have to bare the crime of helping a criminal.

Since the crime of falsely defaming a high official is punishable with death and all people hate those who bad mouth them, upon hearing what Xu Ming said, the guards no longer paid attention to Madame Qian's scream and threats. Afterall, she was just a simple kitchen madame. Not someone worth protecting, and risk angering the King for.

...

After dragging Madame Qian around for a few minutes, Xu Ming learned that King Dai was in the manor court room with the Tian family (Tian Shu's side of the family), Tian Mi, and many of the remaining guests.

Smiling coldly from ear to ear, Xu Ming glanced down at Madame Qian, who was all covered in dirt and cuts from being dragged like a ragdoll, and said, "Aren't I lucky. Let see how the King will react now, with so many parties there."

"Vile bastard, let go of this madame immediately! I'm going to kill you!" Madame Qian shouted as she attempted to again break free of Xu Ming's hold.

But with her height being a lot shorter than his and her legs still healing, she could not get up and run without her crutches. All she could do was continue to scream and struggle.

"So loud, I was going to allow you to run your mouth to give that useless King a headache, but on second thought... I'm so tire of hearing your voice." Xu Ming coldly frowned at Madame Qian.

Seeing the viciousness flash in Dai Yun's usually timid gaze, Madame Qian reflexively shut her lips tight and froze again.

Taking in the moment of silence and madame Qian's stillness, Xu Ming reached for her neck and...

--ssssssssnapppped!— Madame Qian's vocal chords tore.

The sudden onset of pain in her neck area caused Madame Qian to howl in pain and twist about on the ground, but when she did, her heart dropped.

'My voice?! Where's my voice!' Madame Qian panickily cold sweated and cried without any sound.

"Better. Huff. I should have done this from the beginning. My life would have been much easier. Like the saying goes, silence is golden." Xu Ming sighed in relief.

Hearing what Xu Ming said, Madame Qian widen her eyes in pain, fear, and anger. Anger eventually won out of the three. So she tried her best to lunged at Xu Ming and rip his face off, but before she could even touch a hair of his, Xu Ming crushed her healing legs again. This caused madame Qian to crouch down in agony and silently howl.

...

From the perspective of the guards and gawkers, all they saw was Dai Yun mumbling something to himself before lightly touching Madame Qian's neck. When he took back his hand, Madame Qian lunged at him, so Xu Ming kicked her legs. Given Dai Yun's skinny-slender built, the kick did not appear to have much force, but Madame Qian still fell on the ground, twisting and turning, like a child throwing a tantrum.

As they all watched madame Qian roll around on the ground with her mouth open, they all assumed that she must have finally reached her maximum frustration level. That's why she is now acting like a child and screaming without sound.

Xu Ming paid no attention to the gawkers and guards, now that Madame Qian's voice no longer rung in his ears, Xu Ming happily dragged her to the manor court.

...

When he arrived, like everyone else, the guards there gave him an apprehensive look and stopped him.

"The King is not taking in any more audience today." The guard stoically told Xu Ming.

With an exaggerated sigh, Xu Ming told the guards, "This is regarding the King's reputation. Are you willing to be held responsible when even more discrediting and vile untrue information of King Dai spread to the people King Dai govern?"

Obviously, no one wanted to bear the responsibility, so they all froze upon hearing Xu Ming's words.

As all the guards took some time to process the information and consequences, Xu Ming took advantage of the moment and quickly dragged Madame Qian inside the huge court room.

...

As soon as Xu Ming entered through the tall, huge double doors of the court room, the attention of everyone in the room fell onto him and then the bruised and cut person being dragged by him.

"You! You can't just barge into the courtroom as you wish!" one of the guards who stopped Xu Ming outside quickly caught up to him.

Not bothering to pay any more attention to the guard, Xu Ming easily push the guard to the side and marched into the stunned court room with Madame Qian.

Once Xu Ming finally stood in front of King Dai, he roughly tossed Madame Qian towards King Dai's feet then coldly stated, "Your highness, this servant here (madame Qian) has sullied your good reputation! Dai Yun has brought her here for judgement and punishment."

Glancing from the wounded and silently sobbing Madame Qian to Dai Yun's cold expression, then to the eyes of the Tian family and the remaining guests, King Dai felt his heart violently shake and taciturnly looked at Xu Ming.

"Insolent! How dare you barge in here without permission. Guards! drag this brat away this instant." King Dai voiced with a boom.