44

'Me... isn't that me?' Xu Ming asked himself, as he narrowed his eyes towards a somewhat blurry image of a tattered and heavily injured young man with blood stained silver hair.

However, no matter how hard Xu Ming squinted or try to turn to get a better view of the injury man's face, the image froze in place.

---bbbuuuuzzz---

A loud ring rung in Xu Ming's ears, causing him to instantly wince. When he opened his eyes again, this time, in addition to the injured silver haired man, there was a young, beautiful, fair-skinned person there too. The beautiful person had a cheerful smile on his face, but Xu Ming saw that his eyes were icy cold. He also held in his hand a blood-covered, sharp, blue blade.

'Are you sure you won't regret learning?' Xu Ming watched the beautiful man widened his smile even more towards the silver haired man as he asked his question.

The silver haired man did not say anything in reply, but seeing the sear amount of blood stains on the silver haired man's robe, Xu Ming instinctively scowled.

'damn, this nightmare again.' Xu Ming cursed to himself

Seeing the silver hair man remained silent, the beautiful fair-skinned man raised up a corner of his lips and generously stated, 'Since this prince is benevolent, I will tell you as a last farewell. ...the reason why you've become so weak is because...(smirk-grin) ...you've been fed poison for the last few months.

Now think... with your personality, who could have poisoned you?'

The beautiful man stared straight into the silver haired man's silver eyes as he casually shook off some blood from his sword.

...

Seeing this scene and hearing those words, Xu Ming wanted to scream to the silver haired man displayed in front of him, 'Don't think! Don't!!! Just run!!!'.

But since it was just a dream of a memory, no matter how hard Xu Ming wanted to shouted, the scene progressed without interruption.

...

The injured silver haired man thought for a bit then shouted out aloud, 'Are you suggesting that Yu was the one who poisoned me?! Haha, Yu couldn't. He wouldn't!!!' It seemed like the silver haired man wanted to say even more things, but when he tried, a mouthful of blood flowed out of his mouth, so he had to stop himself.

...

watching the scene in front of him and seeing the confidence in the silver haired man's belief that, that person would never do such a thing, Xu Ming gnashed his teeth in infuriation. He wanted to stomp over to the silver haired man and punch his brain a couple of times, but with this being a dream, he couldn't do it.

...

'pft. Yu?... ahahahhahaha. Pitiful. How truly heartbreaking. .....tsk. tsk. Let me tell you. There is no Yu. Yu is nothing but a fake alias. He is Yuhan. Yi Yuhan. The first prince of the Kaihua. The first child of his honorable majesty, and the most respected and loyal prince in all of Kaihua. You-'

Before the beautiful man's words could all be played out, the faint buzzing sound disappeared from Xu Ming's ear, and the sound of a soft voice resonated thru, wiping the current image of the injured silver haired man and the beautiful man away completely.

...

"Hey, can you hear me?" Xu Ming heard a soft voice called out to him.

"still not up. ...I should bring him to Aunty Tai. Hopefully, she'll be able to wake him." The soft voiced worriedly spoke aloud.

Squeezing his eyes hard and then flashing them open. Xu Ming heard the owner of the soft voice abruptly run in front of him, and the words, "Aunty Tai" finally processed in Xu Ming's mind.

"You're finally up!" the owner of the soft voice exclaimed then jumped towards Xu Ming and threw a hug on him.

With his thin arms wrapped around Xu Ming tightly, the young man with shoulder-length, blackish-purple hair cried out, "You're really back. sob. are you're really back?! sob. Are you?"

This continued on for about 3 minutes before Xu Ming was finally able to coax the person to let go of him.

After being released from the young man's hold, Xu Ming's lips curved into a smile. "Xiuying, I'm back."

The owner of the soft voice, Xiuying, nodded his head once and then wiped away the tears on eyes.

"En. Now, let's get revenge. That useless emperor is here, right now. How about we skin him and gut him live for what he did. No. let's chop him off piece by piece and then feed him to the wolves. Actually, I think that still too light, how about-"

Seeing that Xiuying was getting carried away with his thoughts, Xu Ming lightly chuckled and then interrupted him.

"No. I've thought about it for a very long time, and I don't want to waste any more time with that family. sigh. I've already lost over 100 years. Now, I just want to start my life again, far away from them. There's no point in revenge anyways." Xu Ming said with a slightly tired smile.

"You! Are you really Xu Ming?! No, Xu Ming would never let this go. He always made sure to pay everyone back what is done to him. You must be an imposter!" Xiuying shouted as he abruptly stood up and glared at Xu Ming.

Having already encountered his master almost killing him because she thought he (Xu Ming) was an imposter, upon realizing that Xiuying was going down that same path, Xu Ming quickly proved to him that he is the real Xu Ming.

"It's me. If it's not, then how else do I know that you were the one who stole and broke uncle Kine's prized ring when we were young. You were so frightened that uncle Kine was going to disown you and throw you to the wilderness that you placed the blame on me. Or how about the time we snuck into madame snake's tea room and-"

"shhhhhhhh!!! No more. What if one of father's men were nearby. He still does not know that it was me who broke the ring. Do you want my father to lock me up for an entirety?" Xiuying leapt forward and blocked Xu Ming's mouth with his palms before Xu Ming could continue to leak all his secrets.

"Then do you still have doubts about me. If you do, there are still many more of your secrets that I don't mind spouting aloud.", Xu Ming grinned as he pulled Xiuying's hands away from his mouth.

For fear that his father's men really were nearby, Xiuying quickly nodded his head, but he still was not content.

"This isn't like you. Revenge has always been your thing." Xiuying narrowed his eyes at Xu Ming.

What Xiuying said was not wrong. In past, whenever anyone wrong him, Xu Ming would stop at nothing to get his revenge, but now...

Xu Ming thought about what Xiuying said for bit then replied with a somber tone, "Over a century has passed. Feelings grow old and hearts turn cold. I don't want to think about it anymore. It's too exhausting on my body and soul. My goal is to just live an easy, comfortable life, far away from all stressors. ...Now, tell me why you're here?"

Xiuying was still somewhat skeptical of what Xu Ming claimed, but upon seeing the weariness present in Xu Ming's once optimistic, silver eyes, Xiuying nodded his head.

A/N: As you all may have noticed, I have a tendency to mess up their names. I'm going to apologize ahead for any future mistakes that may happen (since i'm sure it'll happen again and again). It's confusing for me too, to switch from Dai Yun to Xu Ming and then all the other Dai's. Sigh.