Chapter 1: Adrenaline

ONE MONTH LATER...

Ferox Aoi's heart swelled with excitement, and her blood rushed with adrenaline. Ferox was relieved that BC Sol had scouted her and her younger brother Valt so that she could keep an eye on him for her adoptive mother. She also adored his energetic personality, and the brilliant weather, clear sky, and warm sun contributed to her current enthusiasm.

However, Ferox felt nervous. Valt and her had turned up late to BC Sol, meaning that they had to compete against one another in the tryouts. Ferox was still getting used to sticking out as a talented female blader. She had won by a score of four to two against Lui Shirosagi with Haraka Boost, but she was still not recognized globally and needed to prove her worth.

Trad Vasquez, the Beyblade trainer, blew into his whistle. He yelled, "It's time! Gather around!"

Ferox slipped beside Valt as bladers formed straight rows effortlessly, and Valt pressed his face into Ferox's arm and giggled. Ferox patted Valt on the head when a familiar male voice chirped, "Yes, I can't wait!"

Valt gasped and tugged on Ferox's sleeves. He said, "You hear that? That boy sounds familiar."

"It's Honcho!" Ferox said with a charming smile.

Rantaro Kiyama grinned and turned to face Valt and Ferox. His brown eyes sparkled with recognition, and his mouth bit down on his red lollipop.

"Unreal!" Valt said. He dashed in front of his friend, and Ferox followed close behind. Ferox could not believe that Rantaro was here. The Aoi siblings had informed Rantaro that an international blading team had scouted them, but they had not told him its namesake. Valt continued, "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"Ah, you know. Just in the neighborhood," Rantaro said. He shrugged, but Ferox could tell that he was just as excited to see his long-time friends as they were to see him.

"Thanks for coming here to cheer us on!" Valt said, twirling around.

Ferox raised an eyebrow. She doubted that an ambitious blader would fly thousands of miles to only cheer for Valt and her, and Rantaro also did not know that they would be in Spain.

Rantaro almost spat out his bright red lollipop, and he stammered, "No, I'm going at these tryouts, not shaking pom-poms!"

"Why didn't you tell us you were going international?" Ferox asked curiously.

"I was still thinking about it," Rantaro explained, and he rubbed the side of his head. "But you got me thinking about battling on the international stage. When I saw the call for bladers, I figured they would be looking for someone with a little 'pizzazz' like me. So I packed my bags and busted over here to Spain. I wasn't expecting to bump into you."

"That's awesome!" Valt squealed.

"Well, it's great to have you here," Ferox said, placing a hand on Rantaro's shoulder.

"I'm going to knock it out of the park, Honcho-style!" Rantaro said with a grin.

"Yeah, me too, dude!" Valt said, and he balled his fists out of pure glee.

"Wait, hold up. What are you two taking the BC Sol test for if you were scouted?" Rantaro said, his eyebrows furrowing. He scratched his chin and said, "Didn't you say you were scouted?"

Ferox's cheeks turned pink, and she smiled awkwardly. She said, "We got lost and arrived late, so long story short, we have to start from the bottom." Simultaneously, Valt touched his neck and gave Ferox a sheepish glance. He felt embarrassed because they had gotten lost after he ran off and battled an interesting blader.