Chapter 38: Tired

When Valt returned from the run, he squealed as he noticed that the bladers were now taking turns battling each other in sub-groups, "I CALL THIS--"

"I'm sorry," Stan said, putting a hand on Valt's shoulder. "You deserve your place on the team like everybody else here."

"What are you sorry about?" Valt said, unsure what Stan was talking about. He grinned cheerfully and added, "Thanks, you belong on the team, too! You're an awesome blader."

Stan's eyebrows furrowed with amusement, and he exchanged a peaceful glance with Ferox. Valt was too bright for his taste, but the boy definitely was not as easy to hate as he thought it would be. He felt disappointed in himself for being so adamant and blinded with resentment that he had picked on Valt, who was incredibly forgiving.

"Yo, runner!" Rantaro said, jogging up to Valt. "Catch your breath yet?"

"No sweat!" Valt yelled, and he thrust his arm into the air.

"You did good," Ferox chuckled, and she patted Valt's head.

"Three, two, one. Let it, rip!" Stan and Rickson yelled in unison, and they launched their Beyblades. Stan stared at Rickson with newfound determination, dearly wanting to improve and grow as a blader; he needed to work harder than ever.

Silas was not impressed, and he commented dryly, "Just pathetic."

"You've got a problem?" Stan snapped at Silas. Stan was proud about being one of the best bladers at BC Sol, so hearing this from a newcomer hit a nerve.

Ferox's eyes narrowed, and she threaded her fingers through her hair. Silas was causing a great deal of trouble. Many of the bladers were already on edge due to Django leaving, and it had taken a while for her to talk with Stan and make him understand that it was not her, Valt, or Rantaro's fault. So Silas was unnecessarily rubbing salt in an old wound.

Ferox sighed. She was trying so hard to contain her temper, but she felt like striding over to Silas and ripping off his head. How much more rage did she have to hold in before everybody thought she was going crazy? She felt exhausted, and she wanted all the nonsense to end.

"Guess what they say about BC Sol is true. You're all just posers riding the coat-tails of the world's two best bladers to the top," Silas responded smugly.

Ferox clenched her jaw, knowing that it was her responsibility to step in. If she let Silas off, it would be devastating for team morale. Silas was pushing a dangerous narrative when she was still working on having Free connect with the team and urging the bladers of BC Sol to set higher expectations for themselves.

"Is that right?!" Stan said, gnashing his teeth together. He was sensitive about his blading skills right now, and he was seconds away from socking Silas in the face.

"Yes, and out of all of them, you're the biggest one," Silas laughed, giving him a sharp-toothed grin. He enjoyed that he had hit a nerve.

"Well, you don't even belong here," Stan spluttered.

Sasha said, "Hey, knock it off already."

"He started it!" Stan protested, while Silas smirked.

"Do you want to tear this team apart?" Sasha said, stepping in front of Stan.

"Why would you think that?" Stan huffed. He cared about BC Sol and wanted the team to succeed, so Sasha's insinuation upset him. "I love BC Sol!"

"Silas, come here," Ferox cut in, finally moving beside Stan and Sasha. Her personal issues were not important right now; she had to put Silas in his place in front of the team. Silas gave her an annoyed look, but he respected her enough to move.