Prologue: Invincible

"Back to your seats, Beyfans! Let's get this show on the road, shall we?" the commenter said, eager for the upcoming battle. "Please give it up for our competitors! In the red corner, we have Blackbird--the unusual, plucky challenger!"

The smoke cleared, revealing the mysterious Blackbird. They wore their trademark ebony attire: combat boots, a loose shirt, and gauntlets. A silver girdle equip with a spacer-pouch, which contained the powerful attack type Beyblade Tala Zmaj, completed their gothic disguise.

On Blackbird's chest was the white emblem of the zburator or wolf-dragon. It glaringly clashed with their black clothing, and Blackbird sported a fluttery white scarf around their neck. Blackbird's disguise appeared deadly, but hesitation marked their demeanor--shaky hands, shifting feet, and poor posture. As talented and as courageous Blackbird was to challenge the White Dragon King himself, Blackbird did not believe in their abilities.

The commenter continued, "And in the blue corner, ready to claim an unprecedented five straight championships, the one and only Lui Shirosagi!"

Lui Shirosagi straightened his back and stood taller. His teal hair flamed as his purple eyes gleamed. Lui adjusted his white feather boa and tidied his dark purple tie, yet his expression remained emotionless as he closely examined Blackbird.

Blackbird watched Lui quietly.

Lui grunted. It annoyed him that his opponent had lost their tongue, especially after the massive spectacle they had caused earlier. After Valt lost to Lui due to a bizarre accident, Blackbird invoked a WBBA loophole to challenge the legitimacy of Lui's national title.

Lui scowled as Valt and the rest of the Beigoma Academy Beyclub started screaming, "Let's go, Blackbird! Let's go, Blackbird! Let's go, Blackbird!" His sixth sense told him that the Beyclub knew Blackbird's secret identity, which annoyed him to no end. Lui found it ridiculous and offensive that the Beyclub believed that the nervous wreck Blackbird could defeat him.

"They think that you're going to win, but the outcome is already decided," Lui said smugly, and Blackbird acknowledged his words by merely dipping their head. The unknown individual's gesture overflowed with despair, regret, and uncertainty, and Lui fed off the negative emotions like a ravenous vampire. His Beyblade Lost Luinor roared, ready to crush its opponent.

"Wowzers! Lui claims that he's going to win before the battle has even begun! Well, only one of these bladers can walk away victorious. Which one is it going to be?!" the commenter stated.

Blackbird slowly prepared their launcher and attached their Beyblade to it. Their gradual movements suggested that they wanted to delay the battle; it was uncommon to witness a blader on National TV who carried themselves with tremendous apprehension.

"First battle!" the referee called.

"Ready, set. Three--"

Blackbird took a deep breath and jumped upward effortlessly. Their white scarf quivered.

"--Two--"

Blackbird pointed their launcher vertically.

"--One--"

Blackbird paused as if they seemed unsure about their strategy.

"Let it, rip!"

Blackbird pulled back on their winder, and after a backflip, they landed on their feet. Their launch was successful but lacked full capacity and confidence. Despite challenging Lui to a battle, Blackbird was holding back.

Lui was livid. How dare this blader not use their full power against him! How insulting!

"What is that?!" the commenter said. Tala Zmaj ascended into the air, while Lost Luinor roughly shot into the stadium. "Incredible! Blackbird's mysterious Beyblade is zooming up into the skies, while Lui has gone with his Nightmare Boost!"