Chapter 2: Flamboyant

Amazing launch, Rantaro! We're winning this, Roktavor cried out.

Ferox's ears perked up as Roktavor landed smoothly, while Kitt fanboyed over the skillful launch and said, "Talk about a great landing!"

"It's very stable," Ferox agreed. "Rantaro has greatly improved since the last time I saw him."

"Nice!" Rantaro said as his Beyblade clashed with Paul's one repeatedly. Roktavor sent Paul's Beyblade flying further backward and roared aggressively. On the other hand, Paul's Beyblade made a faint noise, and Ferox could barely hear its Bey spirit.

"Amazing!" Valt said, awe-stricken by Rantaro's power.

"He's pretty good," Christina said, impressed by the new blader.

"Yes, not bad," Trad said, and he checked data concerning Roktavor on his iPad. Roktavor did not have the best design for a stamina type, but it still packed some serious power.

"Yeah, that's the windup. Finish the swing!" Rantaro said, whipping his arm forward. His Beyblade spun ferociously around the stadium toward Paul's Beyblade.

"Move in! Counterattack!" Paul said, but soon after, his Beyblade burst.

"Berserk Roktavor gets two points with a burst finish. Rantaro Kiyama wins the round," the referee called and gestured to Rantaro.

"This is what I'm talking about!" Rantaro said, pulling out his enormous fan. "You feel the burn?"

"Oh, yeah!" Kitt said. "Nailed it!"

"Wicked!" Valt said, while Ferox curtly nodded.

Paul grumbled and picked up the remains of his Beyblade. That was when Trad approached him and politely stated, "Thank you. We look forward to seeing you again."

Paul huffed and stomped away.

Ferox shook her head. What a lousy sport, she thought disapprovingly. You can't get far in the blading world throwing a fit after a loss.

"Yo," Rantaro said, also concerned by Paul's negative attitude. "Get some ice, dude."

"I don't need your sympathy, and I'll keep trying as long as it takes. I'll get on the team someday. Just watch," Paul snapped vengefully.

"He's not pitying you," Ferox said, defending Rantaro. "He's just trying to tell you that you will get further in your blading career with better sportsmanship."

Paul stared at Ferox harshly, but he did not say anything to question her advice. Ultimately, he dipped his head, turned around, and left BC Sol's gym.

"Wow, he's intense," Valt said and sweat-dropped.

"BC Sol has a solid reputation, so everyone's itching to get on the roster," Kitt said.

"I never realized how famous the team was," Ferox said. She had not looked up BC Sol apart from verifying that it was a legitimate team. BC Sol was the only team that had scouted both her and her younger brother, so Ferox had not wanted to research it and become disappointed. However, based on Kitt's high praise, Ferox felt better about selecting BC Sol.

"Me either," Valt said, holding Ferox's hand. "We just picked it because it scouted us both."

"Huh, there are still people out there who have never heard of us?" a bored, husky voice said from atop the bleachers. A shiver went down Ferox's spine as the voice sounded so lovely and soothing, and she whirled around to look at the voice's source.