Chapter 26: Done

Shocked, Ferox thought, What?

"You better be joking!" Valt said, also astounded, and Rantaro gaped.

"That's not your decision. You're not the owner," Ferox said in protest. "You can't boot Rantaro." Her thoughts twisted, and she grew exceedingly furious, wondering why she had put up with him for so long throughout the match today.

First, Free had lied about his relationship with her. Then, he had attempted to mess with Valt. And now, he was trying to boot Rantaro from the team. Ferox genuinely felt self-disgust that she had ever been attracted to him or had attempted to excuse his crappy behaviors. Free was an atrocious tank-top bastard who needed to be put in his place!

YES! NO MORE ROKTAVOR, BABY! Zmaj cheered.

Ferox huffed, silently telling her Beyblade to shut up.

THAT'S NOT COOL, ZMAJ! Valtryek said, waving his sword wildly.

I'M LITERALLY RIGHT HERE! Roktavor protested.

"Valt, Ferox, it's fine," Rantaro said, a newfound conviction stirring within him.

"But Honcho!" Valt and Ferox cried out in unison. Ferox could not believe that Rantaro was agreeing to Free's proposition. Free had no right to place such adverse pressure on one of her younger brother's closest friends.

"Hey, Free. Just want you to know I'm on board. I'm going to take this as a personal challenge," Rantaro said. He pursed his lips, unwavering in his decision.

"But you don't have to do this," Valt said with a frown.

"You earned your spot on this team fair and square. He has no right to hold you to a nonsense, so-called challenge," Ferox said, scrunching her nose. Her irritated facial expression was enough to make Free wince; something about Ferox's sarcasm consistently stabbed him in the heart. The girl knew how to aim and hit him where it hurt.

"I got it. Don't worry," Rantaro said undauntedly, and he left for the Bey stadium.

Ferox huffed and said, "This is ridiculous."

"Come on, Honcho! All you!" Valt said. Rantaro would need all the support he could get.

"Kick his arse, Honcho!" Ferox said. She usually did not cheer, but she was scared for Rantaro. She prayed that he would win and prove Free wrong. "You belong with us in BC Sol!"

"Time for the game that could end the match! It's a repeat of Game 1 with Rantaro Kiyama versus Wakiya Murasaki! Will things go down like their last face-off? Or is there a change in the air?" the commenter said with liveliness. However, he did seem disappointed that neither Ferox or Free, who both brought higher viewership, were not battling.

"How do you feel about a re-match!?" Rantaro said, determined to defeat Wakiya.

"Not you again," Wakiya said, crossing his arms angrily. "I wanted a challenge."

"Ha! I'm the wild card, better deal with it!" Rantaro said. He laughed to taunt Wakiya.

"Oh, please, I handed you like a labro-doodle in Game 1. Obviously, BC Sol is throwing in the towel," Wakiya said, rolling his eyes.

"You're in for a bumpy ride. Guess who's fired up? This guy! What's taking you, Wakiya!? It's now or never!" Rantaro said. He was not offended by Wakiya as that was how the boy always was.

"Hold up. Hold on a second. Time out," Wakiya said. He held out his hands dismissively.

"Why? I know I'm intimidating, but come on!" Rantaro sighed, needing to give himself some credit.