Chapter 23: Despise

"Just when you thought it was over, Valt Aoi returns for more!" the commenter flared off.

"Thanks for waiting!" Valt said. He was elated and prepared, knowing that Ferox was on his side, and because of that, Wakiya was royally screwed. "Let's go!"

Wakiya blinked dubiously before getting into launching position. He asked, "What are you so excited about?"

"Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise," Valt said, playing it coy.

"No matter. The fact is that Wyveron is still unbeatable!" Wakiya snapped.

"Second battle. Ready, set. Three, two, one. Let it rip!" the referee proclaimed, and Wakiya and Valt joined him in the countdown.

"Spectacular! Will SunBat United keep up the streak, or will BC Sol put an end to it?!" the commenter spoke the crowd's thoughts.

I've got this! Valt thought as Wyveron skidded to the stadium center.

"Oh look, an open center. Don't mind if I do," Wakiya said. That was when he noticed that Valtryek was far quicker than before, and his eyebrows furrowed. "Your Bey definitely seems to have picked up the pace a bit...Wait, hold on!"

Valtryek zipped into the stadium walls, springing off of them toward Wyveron. It gained more and more momentum and bashed Wyveron ferociously.

"Wyveron hasn't taken any damage until now! It's going all over the stadium!" the commenter announced, impressed by the spectacle. An underdog was always guaranteed to pick up TV ratings, and Valt was fantastic at playing that role.

"HOW IS THIS HAPPENING?!" Wakiya said, his face turning turquoise.

"Just one more push!" Valt said, and Valtryek continued to pummel Wyveron.

"Big deal! This isn't over yet!" Wakiya said. Wyveron zipped back toward the very edge of the stadium and plummeted back. "Let's do it! Go, Wyveron!"

"Your plan won't work! Your defense can't handle our speed! Spring Attack! Charge!" Valt whooped, and Valtryek raced forward.

"Oh, yeah! Let's see how you like this! Hyper Shield Crash!" Wakiya countered. Wyveron and Valtryek collided, but Wyveron could not take the heat and was burst finished. Wakiya panted and said, "What's going on!? No way!"

"Genesis Valtryek with a burst finish! BC Sol wins the second game with a score of two to one!" the commenter cried out.

"ALL RIGHT!" Valt said, "I DID IT!"

Ferox grinned. Despite the risks of removing a Bey part, Valt had done it!

"Finally," Christina sighed in relief. "A little momentum!"

"Yeah," Trad agreed with a smile.

I know who was really behind this victory, Theodore thought darkly. One day, her talents will have better use. It's nice to see you again, Ferox.

"Oh man! Big shot!" Rantaro said, high-fiving Valt.

"Yeah, man! I got payback for you, Honcho!" Valt said and then darted over to Ferox, shaking her hand rapidly. "You totally saved me, Ferox!"

"Of course, I did! I'm not going to leave you hanging!" Ferox said with a laugh. Valt's win brightened her mood and took her mind off of the boy sitting beside her. She was proud of her younger brother, and she appreciated watching him grow and succeed.

"INCREDIBLE! I can't believe how much speed Valtryek was holding back!" Valt said, jumping up and down cheerfully. Ferox grinned sheepishly, knowing that there was much more waiting for Valt; once he got a handle on his evolved Beyblade, everything would change.