About this Story

If you want to skim, which I suspect is true for most of you readers, IMPORTANT POINTS are BOLD or in CAPS to aid in your valiant quest.

Welcome to Burst Finish My Heart: Free de la Hoya x OC | A Beyblade Fanfiction, which throws my original character Ferox Aoi in the world of Beyblade! 

This story focuses on Ferox's journey to become the best blader in the world with a dash of romance along the way, and no, she is NOT some gender-bent version of Valt or a female clone of Valt; their personalities and looks are quite different. 

Additionally, the story deals with some dark themes

For instance, Free de la Hoya will be presented as often depressed. He will be shown as extremely tired and act irritably. Free also displays escapist behavior, spending time on Beyblade in an attempt to forget his bitter feelings. Free displays similar behaviors in the actual anime, but since Beyblade Burst is supposed to be a show for "eleven-year-old boys," we will never know if they mean anything.

Based on the profanity thrown back and forth between Ferox and Lui in the prologue, you probably have assumed that there will be more swearing in this story. Also, since the eleven-year-olds in Beyblade often behave older than their ages, I have aged up some characters.

There will be NO excessive violence or explicit love scenes. There are discussions about murder, depression and suicidal thoughts, post-traumatic stress disorder, and dissociation from trauma. This story is NOT marked mature because these scenes are not graphic enough and are handled carefully. There are also suggestive remarks and kissing.

Each chapter is approximately 1,500 to 2,500 words long and will establish if there is a significant time gap from the previous chapter.

Furthermore, I will spell names based on the AMERICAN anime. The Japanese version, however, is often much better.

My story will alter canon plotlines as I see fit, and I promise to spice things up as this story treats ALL Beyblade series as part of ONE universe. So, if you have favorite characters from the old series, get ready because many will appear. If you are unfamiliar with the old series, that is also alright; you should still be able to follow along with this story.

I also dedicate chapters to people that inspire me in some form or another. Usually, these are individuals who comment extensively or substantially or have contacted me on my message boards about information related to this story.

Finally, out of curiosity, who is your favorite blader from Beyblade Burst and why?

Signed,

Sooki

Last Edited: 7/27/2022