The Other Side Chapter 8

Yow Wah gwaan!!!!! (pronounced wa-gwaan hey in jamaican :D) hey guys sorry for the delay :/ Oh n btw, in this chapter you really get to kno antonios.........ignorant side i guess lol, he can be an asshole hehe, well enjoy!!!___________________________________________________ Chapter 8

Antonio

"Alright, since there's only a couple minutes left of class I will hand back yesterday's unit 2 test." Mrs. Lynn says while getting up from her desk with a stack of papers.

I eye her as she travels down each row until she got to me. She slides the paper onto my desk. Great! Another 50 to hang up on the fridge. Mamá would be proud. Note my sarcasm. I should just drop out. I don't give a shitt about school anyways and school don't give a shit about me. Hah. But I have to stay for Mamá. I wanna make her proud of me for once in my life.

I glare at the top of my paper where "See me after class" had been written in red. Great! I get a 50 plus a fuckin lecture.

A few seconds after the bell rings, it's just me and Mrs. Lynn left in the room.

"Antonio, are you aware of why I have asked to see you?" she walks over nd sits on top of the desk in front of me.

"Um, nah." I said leaning back in my chair. Better get comfortable. I gotta feelin this is gunna take a while.

"Well Antonio, we're not even half way through the first and your grades are really, how can a say this," she paused for a couple seconds, "appalling." She says. "Look Antonio, I really don't want to see you giving up and dropping out or being a part of next year's senior class. I want you up there on that podium receiving your diploma this year and going to the college of your dreams. If you really work hard you can turn your grades around."

"Well, Mrs. Lynn," I mimic, "As much as you want to see me on that podium, I don't think that's gunna happen. Thanks for the offer, but imam pass." I say before getting up. This mujer(woman) must be on something if she thinks I can get into college now. Ever since middle school my grades been fucked up. I never got than 80. What college would except a chico(boy) whos grades never got higher than an 80?

"Antonio, I disagree. You can be on that podium." She's definitely on something. "It is required that if a student is failing his or her classes as much as you are, then he or she must be put into our Tutor Program."

"Tudor Program?" I looked at her like she was loco(crazy). I already have to go to school and now I gotta work even harder with a tutor.

"Yes. You will be partnered with one of the school's best advanced students. You will be put into all of their classes. It's going to be hard at first to adjust to being in advanced classes, but your tutor will help you get used to the work. Also your tutor has the responsibility to maintain sessions after school where you will go over and discuss work in class," she says with a big smile plastered on her face.

I stare at her blankly. Droppin out does seem like a good idea but I gotta do this for mama...and for me.

"Oh, don't worry. It's a little over whelming at first but soon or later you'll enjoy it. You'll be meeting your partner tomorrow in the main office." She says. I grab my test, crumple it up and throw it in the garbage before leaving.

"That's the last test you'll ever fail starting now," she calls out. Last test my ass.

                                                                *  *  *

"Tutor Program? Damn and I thought I was doin bad." Felix says before taking a sip off his third beer. Its 9pm and he already is up to three beers. I should be the one drinkin in it up with the situation I'm in. I look around. Our circle in HG was chillin and havin a good time at Enrique's apartment. It's a good thing Izzy wasn't her usual stubborn self or I would've been stuck home babysittin Gabe.

"This tutor is gunna drive me fuckin nuts, chango(slang word for dude)," I say rubbin my forehead. "I gotta deal with 'em durin school; bein in every damn class with them and then I got some more tutorin shit after school too." I gulped the rest of my beer. Damn I need another one.

"That's torture man." Enrique leaned back in his chair.

"Not if you get one of those sexy mamacitas that wear super short skirts and tight shirts." Felix says with a stupid smile while nodding his big head and wiggling his eyebrows.

"You drunk? All those nerds at Manchester that are tutors are probably all ugly. Psh! I could put a wig on you and you'll look sexier." I say.

"Antonio," Felix pauses for a dramatic effect. He places his hand on his chest, "Anything you put on me makes me look like damn fuckin sexy apachurro(slang term describing a sexually attractive male)." He says while running a hand through his short hair, like those models do. He's too cocky for his own good.

"Yeah, alright," I say sarcastically.

"Felix, you're un güey(an idiot)" Frankie says as she passes by, goin into the kitchen. I agree.

"Yo, you just jealous that no girls stop you on the street to get a close up view of your sexiness." He says with a cocky smile.

"I wouldn't be so sure, ese. I don't think they're tryin to look at your 'sexiness'. They probably stop you cause they're tryin to figure out what the fuck is wrong with your face." I joked. Enrique bursts out laughing. Felix wasn't laughin.

"Primo, I hope you get an ugly and nasty tutor. You'll be stuck with her all year long. In school and after school. Who knows, she might even fall in love with your 'sexy' ass." He snickered. Way to rub it in.

"Bitch." I say before getting up to get another beer. I'm gunna need it.

"Arf! Arf!" he barks.

Oh God, please let me get a decent lookin tutor, amen.

_______________________________________

Spanish Vocab!

mujer(woman)

chico(boy)

loco(crazy).

chango(slang word for dude)

apachurro (slang term describing a sexually attractive male)

un güey(an idiot)

____________________________________

see u lata' respect (a way of sayin bye in jamaican! :D) lol 

vote<3 comment<3 fan<3 

<3halicakes747