Chapter 3

"Eliza!" Eliza turned away from Alex to face a certain Frenchman she knew.
"Lafayette!" The two hugged each other and gave each other cheek kisses. Alex glared holes into Lafayette.
"Oh, I should probably introduce you two!" Eliza laughed nervously.
"Alex, this is a close family friend of ours and he works with President Washington."
"What's his name?" Alex asked unamused with his arms crossed.
"Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette" Laf said himself.
"French?" Lafayette nodded.
"Well then Gilbert, Eliza est ma copine alors restez loin de son baiseur français" Alex said smiling.
"Oh, French. Yay. Um, what did you say Alex?" Eliza asked.
"Ne t'inquiète pas petit lion. J'ai ma propre maison" Lafayette responded to Alex smiling back.
"I hope you two are getting along. So Lafayette, why don't you join us?" Eliza suggested.
"I'd love to." Alex handed Laf a shot and introduced him to the group. Him and Hercules really did hit it off.

Rewind~

"Three shots please." Thomas rested his head on his hand, truly exhausted from work.
"Tired?" He looked up to see a man wearing a trilby hat. He took a seat next to him and ordered a couple shots himself.
"Hella." Thomas downed a shot.
"George doesn't know how good he has it. Without you working there, the whole place'll fall apart."
"How'd you know-"
"James Reynolds." The man said. Thomas raised an eyebrow but still introduced himself.
"Thomas Jefferson."
"I know. Listen, I have an offer for you, Thomas."
"I'm listening." Both of them took a shot.
"I think we can be good friends. Me and my gang can get you anything you want, but only if you can do one thing for us."
"Just one thing?" James nodded.
"Give us pardon for all that we do. You see, we're not exactly following the law. But if you can keep us on the down low, well, let's say you can benefit a lot." James downed his last shot. Thomas looked at him for a long time.
"I don't have all night Jefferson."
"Give me $200 and I'll consider."
"How 'bout $300 and you accept? We'll work out other details later." James handed Thomas $300 exactly.
"Deal." They shook hands. James slapped his money on the counter for his shots and left.