Chapter 17 Pt.2

Chapter 17 Pt. 2

Third POV

Peggy knocked on Eliza's bedroom door.
"Eliza?"
"Go away" she faintly heard from inside.
"Eliza, I got the donuts."
"...all of em?" Eliza asked.
"Mmhm."
"The cinnamon twist too?"
"Yup."
Peggy heard the door unlock and it swung open, revealing her sister. Eliza took the box and tried to close the door, but Peggy stopped it. She let herself in and closed the door behind her, her and Eliza sitting on the bed.
"Did you think you could steal food from me and not expect me to do anything about it?" Peggy asked, opening the box and grabbing a glazed chocolate donut. Eliza grabbed her cinnamon twist and quietly ate it. The room was darker overall, and Peggy spotted Eliza's phone on the floor. Her bed was a mess of blankets and pillows. Eliza's hair was a mess, and her eyes were red and puffy. This Eliza was totally different from her usual self, and it was uncanny. Peggy didn't like it and frowned. She wanted happy Liza back. She never liked to see her siblings down.
——————
A knock came at the door.
"Come in" Peggy answered despite Eliza's glare. It was Angelica.
"Have you seen my- Liza, what happened? Do I need to beat some sense into someone?" Angelica asked, rushing over to the bed. Liza grumbled and hid under the covers.
"Alex cheated on her and is the father of Maria's child" Peggy explained. Angie's mouth dropped open.
"That no good son of a bitch-"
"Calm down" Eliza mumbled.
"How can I when someone hurt one of my sisters?" Peggy shot her a look. Angelica sighed and sat down.
"I told you so."
"Told me what?" Eliza asked, emerging from under the blankets.
"I told you not to fall for a Shadow. That all he was gonna do was break your heart, but you did and this happened-"
"Angie" Peggy said. Angelica ignored her.
"I told you both to stay away from them, and you know what happened? You Peggy got fucking poisoned and you got your heart broken." Peggy stiffened at the mention of the event. Eliza looked at Angelica.
"I can't believe you Angie. I'm hurting and you came in here to tell me that I'm in the wrong? That doesn't help me any better and now I feel worse. Thanks a lot Angelica." Eliza spat out her name angrily and went back into hiding. Peggy glared at her eldest sibling and stood. Angie stood too.
"Oh, and guys-" The sisters stopped in their tracks.
"Closed the door on your way out."