Chapter 8

Three weeks later~

"John, you need to eat."
"N-no I don't."
"John."
"You haven't eaten either Eliza but you don't see me bothering you."
"I'm just trying to look out for you-"
"I don't need to be looked after Elizabeth."
"Guys, please don't fight" Peggy whispered. The two stared at her in disbelief. They hugged Peggy, crying.
"T-Thanks?"
"Peggy, are you alright? Do you remember anything? Can you see? How do you feel?" The two bombarded Peggy with questions.
"Please let go" Peggy said. They released reluctantly. John still had Peggy's hand, Eliza holding the other one.
"What happened? John, I've never seen you cry. Seriously, what happened?"

"Damn. That's...damn" was all Peggy could say after they explained it all. A couple hours has passed as they repeated the whole night back to her.
"I've been in a coma for four weeks?" She asked. John nodded.
"...damn." Peggy looked around and found the clock. It was three in the morning.
"Eliza, John, get some sleep." They both shook their heads.
"Eliza, at least tell Angie in the waiting room that I'm awake."
"She's taking care of the siblings at home. Mom and Dad are here though."
"Well then, go tell them I'm awake and you guys go back home and sleep." Eliza opened her mouth to protest.
"Please Elizabeth. That would be enough." Eliza sighed and hugged her sister again before leaving her and John alone.
"John, your turn." He shook his head.
"John-"
"Peggy, I'm not going anywhere."
"But you need to sleep and eat John."
"Then I'll sleep here. Peggy I'm not losing you-I almost lost you once and I'm making sure it doesn't happen again. I'm not leaving."
"John-"
"Margarita Peggy Schuyler, I love you, and I can't live without you. You know for sure I ain't leaving this room until you do."
"John, shut up. Now get your ass in this bed and go the fuck to sleep." Peggy scooted over, making room for John. John climbed in and hugged her close.
"John."
"Yes?"
"I'm here now. Everything will be fine." John fought his exhaustion but soon fell asleep.