Chapter 19

~2 weeks later~

Eliza heard a knock at her bedroom door.
"Come in" she said. She currently was studying for a test in one of her college courses. Peggy opened the door slowly and peeled her head inside.
"Hey Liza."
"Is there anything ya need Pegs?" Eliza turned around in her swivel chair. Peggy stepped inside and closed the door.
"Can't I just say hi to my sis? Well I came for advice actually." Peggy leaned against the wall and rubbed her arm.
"What's up?" Eliza asked.
"Well, um, I wanna talk to John again- if you're fine with it of course- but I don't know how to. I don't know it's kinda stupid. It's just that we haven't seen or talked in a while and it's kinda weird ya know and just...yeah..."
"You can talk to him Pegs- it's your life and whatnot. I don't even know why I was mad at him to be honest. Just call him or text him. Everything else will fall into place, trust me."
"Thanks Liza." Peggy turned around to leave but Eliza stopped her.
"Wait, Peggy."
"Hm?"
"Um...how's- how's Maria?" Eliza stuttered out.
"Oh, she's doing alright. Her and Herc got a thing for each other but they deny it- it's funny."
"Do you think...Nevermind..." Eliza turned back around in her chair.
"Um, what's on your mind Liza??" Peggy asked, walking up to Liza and leaning on the back of her chair.
"Mmmm....I'm ready to forgive Maria I guess, I just don't want things to be weird. Like what if she's mad at me now? We were good friends before- I hope I didn't give her too much stress." Eliza chewed on her pencil eraser (a habit Alex always did when writing and thinking).
"Eliza, just take your own advice on this. Just contact her and everything else'll fall into place. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to hear from you again."
"Thanks Peggy."
"No prob bob."

~About an hour later~

Eliza took a deep breath and picked up her phone. You got this Liza. There's nothin' to be nervous about, right?
{Eliza; Heg Maria}
Eliza mentally cursed herself. A typo! Really?
{Eliza; *Hey*}
{Maria; Hey Eliza} She responded almost instantly. Eliza exhaled in relief. Another message came.
{Maria; I didn't mean for all of this to happen Eliza. I'm so sorry, but I don't expect you to forgive me- I meant to say that before but I decided to give you some time to think but then you blocked me and- sorry if I'm rant texting. I just don't want things to be weird.}
A small smile formed into Eliza's lips.
{Eliza; I don't want things to be weird either. I forgive you Maria- don't worry about it.}
{Maria; wanna hang out some time?}
{Eliza; sure! I'm literally open anytime}
{Maria; how's tomorrow?}
{Eliza; Im down}

Eliza smiled. She couldn't wait for tomorrow.