Chapter 17 Pt. 1

"I cheated on Eliza and I'm the father, not Herc" Alex confessed again, feeling numb. Peggy almost dropped the donut box.
"Alex, what the actual fuck? Maria I thought you knew better." Peggy looked at John. John turned his gaze to the floor.
"You knew too, didn't you?" She asked him.
"It's kinda hard not to know when you live in an apartment with thin walls" John answered. Peggy scoffed.
"I'm leaving- and I'm taking my donuts with me." She slammed the door behind her.
Maria turned the tv back up, but she wasn't listening. No one was. Besides the quiet conversations from the television, the apartment was stark silent.
——————

Eliza POV

I immediately went to my room and buried myself under my blankets.
How could he have done this? Why did he do it? Am I not good enough? No Eliza, stop thinking like that. Of course you're good enough, it's him, not you, right?
I've been through many breakups before. I should be an expert at this, but it hurts. It always hurts (except for that one breakup with...that one guy, whatever his name was), but this one burned. I really thought that he'd be the one. After all that happened and he just...
My phone buzzed. I ignore it. It buzzed again. And again. And again. Finally I look at it.
Alex.
I open them, hoping it was all just a joke and he'd be texting [Lol that was all a joke! Hope ur okay]. I frown at the real messages.
{Alex; Eliza, I am so sorry.
I really am.
It's a long story but it's really just that I didn't know how to comfort her and it lead to something else but understand that I have no- NO romantic feelings or relations with Maria and that I love you-} I snort at that. If he loved me he wouldn't have done this. Or at least told me earlier.
{-and I'm so so so so so sorry Betsey. From the bottom of my heart, I apologize.}
There's at least three more paragraphs after that. I don't read them. Instead I block his number and delete any pictures that we had. There's too many. I go to my email and block him there too, and rid of any emails between me and him, Maria, or John. I sigh.
What did John do? Did he know? Well, he did say it started in their relationship. Whether he knew sooner or just found out, I'm pissed at him too. I don't need his pity.
I finish eliminating any evidence of Hamilton and toss my phone on the floor. Across the room. The rest of the time I spent alone was filled with crying, even though I didn't want to.

Alexander Hamilton, I hope that you burn.