Chapter 9

A/N; Aha...this chapter's a lot. Just...you'll see. "Baby I'm sorry (not sorry)"

Chapter 9

Two weeks later~

Alex covered his ears and fell out of his bed.
"John! I thought you were gonna fix the fucking doorbell!"
"I told you to fix it!" John yelled back from the kitchen.
"Five more minutes" Maria mumbled, turning on her side and burying her head under the pillow. Finally, the horrid noise stopped and John opened the door.
"Peggy, Eliza, hey!" He greeted. He stepped aside for Eliza to walk in and hugged Peggy.
"How you feelin' babe?" He asked. Peggy laughed lightly.
"I'm fine and I've been fine for the past week John. You don't have to ask anymore." John released his hug.
"Just makin' sure."

Alex peeked out of his room and saw Eliza on the couch.
"Shit" he cursed.
"Maria, stay here for a bit-"
"I wasn't gonna move idiot. I'm tired" Maria grumbled.
"Good." Alex struggled to get a shirt on and a pair of pants, eventually falling on the ground with a big thud.
"What was that?" Eliza asked.
"Just Alex getting dressed. Happens all the time" John responded, rolling his eyes. Alex rushed out of his room, sliding across the wood floor and leaned "smoothly" on the wall.
"Sup Liza" he said.
"Sup Lexi" Eliza mocked back smiling. Alex walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead.
"So what brings you gals to this end of the neighborhood?"
"Good news" Peggy said cheerily.
"Washington talked to us and said that he wanted you guys to become a part of his administration and help improve both sides" Eliza filled in.
"Does it pay?" John asked.
"What's up with you and money?" Peggy joked.
"Gotta pay the bills somehow."

~Rewind~

Maria lightly kissed Alex's neck. Alex placed his hands on her hips and directed them towards his room.

John walked up behind Alex and yanked him away from Maria.
"The fuck John?" She asked.
"Alex, we need to talk" John said.
"Can't it fucking wait John" Alex began.
"Now Alex." Both Alex and Maria were taken aback by the sternness and touch of anger in his voice. Maria backed away into Alex's room and motioned for them to go and talk. John pulled Alex down the hallway.
"John, what the fuck is up?"
"Alex, you need to stop."
Alex looked at John with a confused expression.
"Stop what-"
"This whole thing- going behind Eliza's back and sleeping with Maria."  Alex look away from John.
"Alex, you and Eliza have been dating for like a year or something and then there's you doing this? I know Maria's our best friend but this isn't the best way to comfort her."
"It's like a bad habit I can't break-"
"Well try to. Alex, look at me" John requested. Alex didn't do so. John lifted up his chin with his finger, looking him in the eyes with sincerity, and...
Jealousy.
"Do you know how much it fucking hurt when you did this during our relationship? Alex, you broke my heart. This is why I broke up with you, and I don't want you to lose Eliza. She's the one."
John connected their lips for a brief second.
"Don't mess this up."
And with that, he walked into his room and closed the door.

~Present~

Maria walked out of the bathroom and into the space where everyone was.
"Hi Eliza. Sup Pegs" she greeted.
"Hey Maria" the sisters said in unison.
"Hey, um, Alex, can you help me make breakfast-"
"It's 2 in the afternoon" John interrupted.
"Lunch then?"
"Sure" Alex agreed. The two walked into the kitchen, Maria's friendly manner and smile dropping.
"What's wrong?" Alex asked, worried.
"Alexander, I'm pregnant."