Chapter 15.5

~The next day~
A knock occurred at the door, John standing up and opening it.
"Father Herc is here!" Hercules exclaimed while standing in a superhero position.
"Herc, did you make that cape?" John asked.
"Yes, yes I did. Yesterday actually. Now where's Maria?" Herc asked.
"Oh, you mean the whore? She's on the couch" John responded loud enough for Maria to hear.
"What the hell John? Rude." Hercules walked inside the apartment.
"If you knew the whole story maybe you would agree with me." John left and went to his room.
"Someone's bein' an asshat today" Hercules mumbled, sitting next to Maria on the couch.
"Aight then, you're preggos. How long you've known?" Herc asked her.
"One day." Maria answered.
"And how do you feel about it?" Herc asked. Maria sighed.
"Honestly not that pumped." Herc places his hand on her shoulder.
"Brighten up buttercup, you still got the rest of the week to see if you're pregnant. Some tests aren't meant to be taken early and usually you should wait a week to take one- don't ask me how I know this okay?" Herc said.
"...okay I won't."
"Want a cape?" Herc asked. Maria nodded. Herc took his off and placed it on Maria.
"There. You're a super hero now." Maria laughed lightly.
"Thanks Herc."
"Anytime."

~One week later~

"Maria. Maria. Maria! Stop freaking out!" Herc urged. Maria was pacing back and forth yelling.
"How can I not freak out Hercules?! I took the test again and it said I'm pregnant and I'm starting to show signs- I'm actually fucking pregnant!" Maria stopped in her tracks and smiled.
"Ya know, I really hope it's a girl. You think the name Susan is a good one?" Herc didn't answer and just blinked.
"Wow, you're such a help!" Maria said angrily, pacing again and rambling.
'Mood swings; check' he mentally thought. He had a whole list of symptoms checked now.
—————
~Some short time skip~

"Alex, are you alright?" Eliza asked one day.
"Y-yeah, why'd ya ask?"
"You just seemed a little distant lately. I just wanna make sure you're fine." Alex gave her a loving smile, guilt burning him from the inside.
"Thanks Liza, but everything's fine."
"You sure?" Eliza looked at him and Alex couldn't resist. He sighed.
"Well, no, to be honest. John's mad at me for some reason that I don't know about and...Eliza, I really don't deserve you" Alex said.
"Alexander, it's me who doesn't deserve you-" Eliza booped his nose.
"-and the thing with John should blow over. If it doesn't, go talk to him and make it right. It's not as hard as you think." Eliza swung their connected hands.
'Oh, if only you knew' Alex thought.

A/N; Lol I just looked up pregnancy symptoms and stuff on google so- also idk why Herc knows this, he just does