Chapter 5 - A fricking gun!?

Still Samanthas POV.

I woke up to the sound of beeping. 

Not my new alarm clock, I notoced through the fog of half remembered dreams.

It was not my new alarm clock this time. I looked at the clock, 03:23! I sat up in my bed and thought: Why me!

The beeping continued and I got annoyed, so I rolled out of bed and tiptoed to the door. Me being me, I stumbled over the air and fell to the floor. Dumb air! I thought. Then I paused, listening, waiting for someone to wake up. It was quiet. Everybody in my family were heavy sleepers. If someone started shrieking we would still not wake up. I was surprised I'd even heard the sound through my amazing dream about birds. I rose and took the last few steeps towards the door, more aware of where I was setting my foots. The others seemed to be asleep so I slowly opened the door and peeked out. 

Nothing. 

I made my way down the staircase and the beeping got louder. I went into the living room and looked around. There! 

Still a little bitt groggy from waking up I took the gun and looked for an off-bottom. Dumb gun, having the courage to waking me up. Wait! A gun?! Quickly, as if it burned, I threw it. Thankfully it hit the couch so it didn't make to much sound when it fell to the floor. 

At least the beeping stopped. Maybe I should just leave it there and go back to sleep. Mm, sleep. Even the thought of my warm bed made me sleepy. 

'Wake up!' Ce ordered me. 'There's a frickin gun here and you're thinking about sleeping?!'

Oh, yeah, the gun Sam, I thought to myself. There's a gun in the living room. Why is it here? My mind started coming up with answers. Was I still sleeping? I have had crazies dreams before, like that time when I thought I was Patrick in spongebob squarepants  and didn't know anything cause I lived under a rock. Then I wanted to move but a lawyer stopped me by saying that I would get free jelly octopus's. Yeah, that was a funny dream. But, that's of topic. 

Gun, Sam, gun, I reminded myself. Maybe it wasn't even a real gun? I took hesitating steeps towards the gun. 

Taking it in my hands I examined it. Then I released the safety and shot. A bullet hit the couch and ripped some stuffing out.  Yep, definitely a real gun. A thought popped up in my mind. Dad. 

Okay, so it may seem weird that when a kid find a gun in the living room the first person she comes to think of is dad. But, come on, we're talking about the Snow family here.

I decided that I would hide it and pretend that I hadn't saw it, then, when the right moment came, I would interrogate dad about this, leaving no room for escapes. 

But now I was tired. So I climbed the stairs and walked silently to my room. 

Just my luck, I thought when I saw that Luke was up. He was staring worryingly at me. I frowned. 

"What?" I asked. I had hidden the gun in my waistband and covered it with my shirt. It was uncomfortable but necessary. 

"Nothing", he mumbled. I shook my head. 

"I've heard that a lot lately. Good night then", I walked past him and he muttered a good night, still staring at me, like trying to figure something out. 

The breakfast was like always: weird. I guess that in whatever situation we were in, it could always be described as weird when it came to the Snow family. 

Dad was working in his room like usual, mom was looking for something she'd lost, my brothers we discussing a game and I, well I was just there, entertaining myself with a conversation with myself and thinking about monkeys. 

'Are you seriously thinking about monkeys?' Ce asked, amazed. 

Yes, I am. I mean, without them, who would've taken care of Tarzan? I thought back. I've learned that I don't need to speak out loud for her to hear me, she could apparently read my mind.

'Yeah, cause I'm you!' Ce explained impatient. 'How many times do I have to tell you?'

Chill, just thinking! Then my mind drifted of to monkeys again. They were pretty cool, right? I would love to be able to-

"Are you ready?" Mom asked me. I looked up. 

"What?"

"I'm giving you a ride to school today instead of Luke or Logan."

"Why?" I questioned. Mom giggled. She was one of those cool mums who could sometimes act like she still was a teen. I loved her when she was like that. 

"They're scared of you, but don't tell them I said that!" She explained. I smiled. 

"Okay. What about after school?" 

"Dad will be picking you up, so don't worry. Now move that lazy ass and hurry up!" I put my plate in the dishwasher and followed her out to the garage. 

The gun was safely stewed in my bag (I didn't trust my brothers well enough to store it in my room). I hadn't seen dad yet but now I was planning on having the interrogation after school. I was also planning on making my move on the genius idea I had come up with as revenge. 

As mum drove to school I went through my plan and kept thinking about the gun. Lukes thinking expression last night also gave me bad feelings, I was missing something, I thought. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

I know, I know, my chapters are pretty short but I make up for it by writing so good! *Couch* Yeah, right. 

I don't have anything to say so I'll make it short. *Scoffing* Finally.

— Love, your favorite author

Evan Heart in the picture ^^^