Chapter 17 - Sleep is for the weak

Ce's POV

She's starting to remember. I don't know what triggered it, or how she remember, but I know I have to fix this before it goes to far. Before we get hurt. After all, nothing good can ever come from WONDER. 

Though, I also knew that if Samantha could recall that someone was hunting us, then we had to act right away.

However, I could not just forget the fact that we had been kidnapped and there was the chance that we could be killed whenever. I had to make sure Samantha remained alive, or there would be horrible consequences. 

But first and foremost, I had to fix Samantha. 

She could not remember. 

Samantha's POV

I had no idea what the pillow was trying to say, but I did know one thing: I was tired. Really tired. 

I didn't know why, or how; only minutes ago, I'd been perfectly energetic, feeling like I could've run a marathon of, like, twenty meters. 

Not that I would ever deliberately run a marathon; I would probably end up chasing a squirrel or something. 

I yawned big and looked tiredly at Lorentz. He was explaining something important, but I wasn't really listening. 

My thoughts started to drift away, and I found myself thinking about my family. I had no idea were the sudden longing came from, but I felt... sad. Yeah, I felt sad. I mean, I haven't even really thought about them, and the guilt hit me hard at the realization. 

What was Luke and Logan up to? Were they still planning their revenge on me? How did mum feel, knowing her only daughter was missing? And dad. Did dad blame himself for my disappearance, did he know his involvement in gangs was the reason I was kidnapped? 

The fact that I hadn't thought about any of this made me surprised; they were my family after all.

My seconds yawn brought Lorentz to snap his fingers in my face, and I was snatched from my guilt-like state. His sudden movement startled me, and I jumped a little. Smacking his hand away, I glared at him, my previous thoughts gone.

"What?" I asked him annoyed and restrained from yawning again. 

Annoyed, he huffed and crossed his arms. "Are you even listening?" 

I shrugged and answered honestly. "No."

Lorentz rolled his eyes. "Samantha, this is important! You've got to listen!" 

I raised an eyebrow. "What could be so important that you.. that you-"

My mind drew a blank and I could not remember what I was about to say. I knew it had something to do with unicorns and warlocks, but I completely forgot. I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to pick up where I left of. 

"Why would you run- sleep- what?" Now I was worried. Normally, I had no problem whatsoever with coming up with weird stuff, it just came naturally. 

I frowned. "Ce?" She didn't answer, and I felt myself panicking. This was not good. This was. Not. Good. 

I thought about something to say as I looked at the worried face of Hunter but- Wait! I remembered his name! How? Why? And Hunter?

"Hunter." I said his name carefully, and I could see his face morphing into an expression of clear surprise. He had not expected that. Hell! I hadn't expected that! What was happening to me? 

I felt myself growing dizzy, and supported myself on Hunter, as I now knew his name was. 

He took a hold of my shoulders and looked at my jaded face. "Maybe you should lay down for a minute," he suggested, but I shook my head. This was important, I was remembering something, I could feel it.

"Common Samantha," he led me towards a couch and sat me down, even though I tried to protest.

"Sleep is for the weak," then I fainted. 

This was not good.

~~~

This was a really boring chapter, I know. Sorry. 

Is anyone reading these things? No? No one? Okay...

However, this story just reached 1k readers! Like, that's... 1k readers! 

*Someone muttering sarcastically in the background* Wow, good math. *clapping hands slowly*

Shut up...

...

I really ought to stop "talking" to myself in these texts, it makes me appear weird. I'm not. 

Now, excuse me for a moment, I need to... be awesome somewhere else. 

— Love, your favorite author

Picture: a fainting girl. 

Video: an edit of the Beaty and the Beast that I made myself 

(I'm really sorry, this chapter became really short. However, it held some really important revelations!)