Chapter 9 - Red ostrich

Samanthas POV.

"No, no, no!"

"We're not buying that!"

"Stop running!"

"Drop the cookies Samantha. You're just going to hurt yourself."

"Muahahaha!"

We were at Walmart buying unhealthy stuff. The guys were chasing me around the store, trying to catch me and stop me from buying all the unhealthy stuff. Keyword trying

"Is she supposed to do that? Like, is it a normal thing?" Phony asked. 

"She is not normal", Flunky replied, smiling a little. 

They had finally found me at one of the food sections crying silently over a pack of pie. I now, weird, but what did you expect from me? Coming up with a genius plan to take them down? Pfft, never. Yet.

"Is she crying?" 

I sobbed a little and hushed them. 

"Why are you crying?" Lorentz asked in confusion. 

I looked up at him with tears streaming down my cheeks, making my vision blurry. "Pies."

He knit his eyebrows, "Pies?" 

I nodded and looked back at the packet. "We had so many good memories, but..." I couldn't continue, it was to hard and emotional. All my memories streamed back and couldn't hold it anymore. "Why!?" I shouted, looking at the ceiling and holding up my arms. 

"What is happening?" Aquila asked in panic. No one answered, probably wondering the same thing. 

Suddenly the tears stopped and my eyes went dry. I smiled mischievously at them, jumped back on my feet and yelled: "You can't catch me!" 

And the running continued. I don't even now how I could outrun the boys but I probably used my awesomeness and boosted myself up. 

'Yeah, dream on' Ce snorted but I ignored her and kept running. 

To summon it all up: The boys ended trying to catch their breath while I was laughing at them, high fiving myself, and a very long purchase list for all the damage, food (mostly candy and cookies) and toys (not me). 

I hummed to myself when we finally sat in the car, eating ice creams. The guys all had tortured expressions, trying to shut me out. 

Then I heard it. I don't know how but I sensed the song coming on and squealed in happiness.

'You more likely heard the song from the radio' Ce told me. 'The volume isn't even low'

I ignored her and screwed up the volume, singing along to Fight Song. Soon, the guys were singing to, joining my awesome singing. 

When the song was over I turned to Flunky who was driving again. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"To the mansion", he answered simply. 

"Are we there yet?" I asked after five seconds (yes I counted). 

"No", was the obvious answer. 

I waited five more seconds. "Now?"

"NO."

"Now?"

And so it went on until I said: "Okay."

"Really?" Lorentz asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"No", I giggled. 

"Okay", he said and sighed. 

"So we are there?"