Illuminated Part ll

Chapter 9: Illuminated Part ll

                We were outside again by the jeep and Stiles and I had done it. We stalled Agent Mcall and let Scott and Kira delete the photos. I truly felt like part of the team. Just the thought if it made me giddy. So giddy that I could...

                 Oh no...not again. It was happening, the transformation was happening, again. Although it hadn't happened for a couple of days, I knew that I still wouldn't be able to control it, even after I saved Malia. I didn't know why my transformations were going haywire. I'd been a Werecoyote for eight years now, and I never had any problems with transforming but something was different now. Something had went off in my brain, it was like with a phone. Sometimes you can crack a phone, but it still works, other times it never works again.

              That was it! My brain was a phone and one part had just stopped working. I'd hate to see if my brain stops working all together. I thought and sighed as my eyes turned a minty light blue and my ears began to point upward. Stiles began to notice at that point and sat off from his bent position on the blue jeep.

            “Mavis...what's wrong?" Stiles intoned, a worried look etched on his face. “I don't know I can't control these anymore!" I said quickly due to the fact that my teeth began to grow longer and longer until I could no longer speak. Seeing this, Stiles's heart beat began to rise as he tried to calm me down. “Okay, Mavis, you gotta control this, Mavis, listen to me, if Kira comes out and sees you like this she's gonna freak...you just gotta-"

         “Wait to calm me down Stiles" I said through muffled words. “Uh...uh...ok...er...oh! I got it! Mavis look at me." He ordered. Those were the last words Stiles uttered before his hand connected with my face and a loud banging sound was heard. My blue eyes flashed back to hazel, and my ears were human-like again. I looked back at Stiles's golden brown eyes.

          “I can't believe you slapped me! Haven't you heard that your not supposed to hit girls!" I told him playfully. “Well it worked didn't it?" He asked smiling. That's when we both erupted in laughter. Stiles looked at me and stopped laughing. I did the same. We both locked eyes and slowly began drawing closer and closer to each other until-

           “We did it, all the pics deleted." Scott said, a satisfied smile hanging on his face like a picture frame, dangling from a single nail. Stiles and I, shocked, both drew away from each other  and tried to make it out like,we weren't doing anything suspicious. You ruined our moment! I wanted to yell at Scott for breaking our almost-kiss. I almost kissed Stiles. Realization flooded my brain due to the aftermath of the bittersweet rainstorm.

           Apparently, we fooled both Kira and Scott because Kira kept rambling on about how scary yet amazing the rebellious adventure was and She didn't seem to notice how strange both Stiles and I were being. Scott and Kira both hopped on Scott's bike and Stiles looked at me awkwardly. “So I guess I should take you home." He said. I nodded and we both got into Stiles's jeep and right after he put the key in the ignition, He looked at me sincerely.

           “Do you...want to...maybe, go to a party?" Stiles asked me, sounding hopeful. “As friends, just...as friends." Stiles looked at me with a puppy dog look that I couldn't resist. “Okay" I whined. It's not Stiles's fault, he doesn't know how much you dislike parties. I told my self and then perked up. “But just as friends." I warned Stiles. If he doesn't want to kiss me, I can't make it awkward.“Of course, friends. just...friendly friends." He half-whispered. Then again, I thought he never said he didn't want to kiss me.