-12-

"Yugyeom, please report to the med bay."

Yugyeom jumped as he heard Jackson's voice come over the speakers. He and Youngjae had fallen asleep in the lounge. They were supposed to be watching over Mark and Jaebum.

Youngjae's head stuck up from the couch, one side of his hair going in all different directions. He gazed around the room warily.

"Youngjae, can you check on them while I go to the med bay?", Yugyeom asked, standing up. Youngjae nodded.

Yugyeom left quickly, his heart racing. A million things were running through his head. He stopped in front of the medical bay, his hand hovering above the handle. He was afraid of what he would see if he went inside.

He grabbed the handle, pushing the door open. The first thing he saw was Jinyoung washing his hands in the sink. He glanced to the bed where Bambam had been to find it empty. His stomach dropped.

"He's over there", Jinyoung said, pointing to a table on the other side of the room. Yugyeom sighed deeply as feeling returned to his fingers. He rushed over, gazing at Bambam's body. His chest was still moving steadily.

"I didn't want to move him just yet", Jinyoung explained, coming over to where Yugyeom stood. Bambam had his shirt off, though most of his upper body was wrapped in bandages.

"How bad is it?", Yugyeom whispered. Jinyoung bit his cheek.

"Well, the good thing is, I was able to get the metal out without him bleeding out. The bad thing is, he still has a lot of internal damage that I can't get to."

Yugyeom sat down on the nearest chair, rubbing his mouth with a hand.

"So, could he still..."

Jinyoung nodded solemnly. "Yes, there is still a chance that he won't make it."

Yugyeom felt as if his whole world was crashing around him as he gazed at Bambam's limp body. He couldn't stop thinking about the blood...

"Yugyeom, I'm not going to let him go easily", Jinyoung said. He placed a hand on the younger boy's shoulder. "I'm going to do everything I can. I promise."

Yugyeom nodded. "Captain Im and Mark are in the lounge. Youngjae and I got them out."

Jinyoung stared at Yugyeom for a second with a complicated expression. Then, he patted Yugyeom on the shoulder. "Alright. I'll go take a look at them."

Jinyoung started to leave but Yugyeom stopped him. "Can...can I stay here?"

Jinyoung turned around. He met Yugyeom's gaze and paused for a second. Then, he smiled softly. "Of course. Take your time."

Jinyoung closed the door, leaving the room in silence. Yugyeom stood up, moving his chair over so it was next to where Bambam layed. He gazed at the boy's sleeping face.

He looked so peaceful for someone who was dying.

Yugyeom reached up, his fingers twitching near Bambam's hand. He slowly and gently slipped his hand into the other boy's, smoothing his thumbs against Bambam's callused skin. He felt the tears returning and he tried to choke them down.

"I'm so sorry, Bam. I...I shouldn't have said what I did. It wasn't true. I don't hate you, I could never hate you. Please, fight for me. I don't..."

Yugyeom trailed off. His throat was closing and he could feel the tears wavering in his eyes, waiting to spill over. He choked back a sob as the first one fell down his cheek.

"I don't know what I'd do without you."

---

Smoke.

That was the first thing Yugyeom noticed. His head was pounding and his vision was blurry. He tried to stand up, but only fell back down.

"Yugyeom! Grab my hand!"

The boy instinctively reached out, feeling someone's rough hand grabbing his arm and pulling him up. He didn't know who's it was.

He was pulled out of whatever room he had been in. He saw flashes of the halls as the person pulled him along. He couldn't think; his mind was trying to keep up but everything was blurry.

He was stopped and the ground lurched again. He and the person before him grabbed onto the wall to keep themselves from slipping.

Once the person steadied himself, he started sorting through a box. Yugyeom's vision still wouldn't focus but the person looked vaguely familiar.

"Put this on."

Yugyeom obeyed, slipping what looked and felt like a backpack over his shoulders. He noticed another man standing by a door.

"Jackson, we have to go now."

The man pulled on Yugyeom's arm, dragging him to the door where the other man stood.

"Don't jump out until Youngjae and I have, alright?"

Yugyeom remembered nodding. He watched as the two jumped out the door, falling into a vast expanse of white.

Yugyeom steadied himself against the door, bending his knees and preparing to jump.

"Everyone report to the meeting hall in five minutes."

Yugyeom jolted awake, drops of sweat rolling down his back. He had fallen asleep with his head on the table next to Bambam.

His fingers were still wrapped around the other boy's and he gently removed them. He gazed at Bambam, his eyes moving to the machines connected to him and checking his vitals.

He was already worse.

Yugyeom bit his lip, standing up to leave. He paused, not wanting to leave the other boy by himself in case something happened. But he moved, glancing back at Bambam one last time before he left the room.

He slowly walked down the hall, knowing that he'd be late to the meeting. His mind was racing.

His dream had been all to real. He suspected that it was less a dream, and more a memory.

He entered the meeting hall, looking up to see all five other boys already there. Mark was sitting down in his chair, holding a wet towel to his head with a tired expression. Jinyoung and Jackson sat next to each other, whispering quietly. Youngjae was tapping away on his tablet at his seat. Jaebum was standing next to his seat, the biggest one at the head of the table, his arms crossed and a solemn expression on his hard features.

"Sit down, Yugyeom. We have a lot to discuss."

---
i rushed through my connect the dots that my english teacher made me do just so i could write this i hope you're happy

^i wrote that when i was still in school, it's summer for me now so hopefully i can keep up better oops

also i'm gonna be writing a fic that isn't yugbam omg (still got7 tho)

it's a rlly rare ship y'all are gonna be surprised