-49-

"Just a little to the left."

Yugyeom adjusted the satellite as told, earning a small noise of disapproval from Youngjae through the earpiece. He groaned and threw his hands down in the way a two year old would when they didn't get their way.

"What now?", he asked in frustration. Every time he made an adjustment, Youngjae would make that sound and tell him to move it "just slightly to the right" or "a little up" or "five centimeters to the left". Yugyeom didn't even know how long five centimeters was.

"Just angle it up a bit more, I'm still not getting a signal", Youngjae said, the sound of his fingers tapping against his tablet sounding through the microphone. Yugyeom rolled his eyes and did as told.

"Just a few centimeters to the right now", Youngjae said. Yugyeom groaned in frustration and instead flicked the satellite with his fingers. Then, the deafening sound of Youngjae yelling in his earpiece made him cover his ear uselessly.

"Jesus, Youngjae, quiet down", he hissed.

"I got it! I picked up their signal!"

"Wait, really?", Yugyeom asked. Apparently the flick had been moved the satellite just enough to pick up the signal they had been looking for.

"Come here!", Youngjae shouted and Yugyeom scrambled off the top of the ship and onto the ladder.

He rushed from the airlock to where Youngjae was standing. The older was listening eagerly to the sounds playing out of his tablet.

"This is NOVA Headquarters broadcasting to the G.O.T.7. If you hear this message, please respond."

Youngjae shakily and excitedly raised the microphone to his mouth. "This is Choi Youngjae of the G.O.T. 7 responding to your broadcast."

Just one sentence, but it saved their lives.

The speaker was silent for several seconds; fear settled in the pit of Yugyeom's stomach as they waited for a reply.

"Did you say...you're from the G.O.T. 7?"

"Yes", Youngjae answered, a bit of urgency in his voice.

"Excuse me for a second", the voice replied, and disappeared.

"What is he doing, taking a piss break?", Youngjae said to Yugyeom angrily. The other simply shrugged.

"I'll go tell the others", he said, and moved to the com on the wall. He quickly told them all to come to where he and Youngjae were and moved back to the older.

"Mr. Choi?", a voice finally asked, a different one than from before.

"Yes?", Youngjae asked. They waited several more seconds for an answer.

"You're alive?"

Of course, it had been nearly two weeks with no communication. They must have thought they were dead. Yugyeom thought about his parents, and how they must be feeling, thinking he was dead. A frown found its way to his lips.

"Yes, I am. We are", Youngjae quickly corrected. "All crew members are secure."

"You...How?"

Youngjae chuckled, softly and without humor. It was a laugh for the impossibleness of the situation—crashing their ship in space and surviving.

"We landed on a Goldilocks planet with breathable air", Youngjae explained.

"Amazing", the person breathed into the microphone.

"Excuse me, but could I ask who we're speaking with?", Yugyeom asked suddenly, taking the microphone from Youngjae. There was a soft laugh from the other side of the line.

"This is Dr. Smith. It's good to hear you, Yugyeom. It would have been a shame if you hadn't made it."

Yugyeom nodded and handed the microphone back to Youngjae.

"How is the ship? And where is Captain Im?", Dr. Smith asked.

"The ship has received some damage. The engines are shot and the head has nearly been destroyed completely. We fixed most everything we could on our own. As for Captain Im, he has just arrived", Youngjae replied, looking over at their gasping captain.

He walked over from where he had been leaning over in the hallway, gasping for breath from his run around the ship. He took the microphone from Youngjae's hands.

"This is Captain Im of the G.O.T.7, ready to report", he said, formal as always. Youngjae started tapping on his tablet, checking the connection.

"Hey, what's going on?", Bambam asked, walking up next to Yugyeom. The other shrugged.

"Oh, we just established a connection with NOVA and our asses are now saved, so nothing much", he replied. Bambam rolled his eyes with a smile and punched him on the arm. Yugyeom laughed slightly. "I don't think they need us right now, let's go", he whispered and the two walked off.

—-

"Peanut butter and jelly taste so much better in space."

Yugyeom smiled to himself, thinking back to his trainee days. Back when he thought space travel was cramped bunk beds and the weird space food they had at Walmart sometimes. He remembered the first time he had toured the G.O.T. 7, back when it hadn't even had an engine yet. The largeness of it had surprised him, with spacious rooms for each crew member and long, winding halls. Then, he had been shown what they would be eating—common things like peanut butter and jelly, or macaroni and cheese. It seemed strange to eat such earthly things in the dark expanse of space.

They picked up food and other supplies from the NOVA space station near Earth every 2 years. Thankfully, they still a year on food rations to go (they could go longer if they really needed to), but with communications with NOVA back up, they wouldn't need to. Now that they had NOVA's guidance, they would be off the planet in just a couple more weeks.

"I would rather eat it on Earth", Yugyeom murmured. Bambam looked at him across the table, a slightly pained expression on his features.

"Do you really mean that?"

Of course he didn't. Being out here was Yugyeom's dream. He finally meant something. But sometimes the homesickness got too bad, and he would lie curled up in a ball in his bed, tears streaming down his face, sobs racking his body.

"No", he replied guiltily, looking down at the sandwich Bambam had given him. The expression on the other's face relaxed, but a shred of uncertainty still stay hidden in his dark eyes.

They thought it was the end, but was only the beginning.

—-

i been procrastinating HARD on this chapter so i'm sorry!! that last sentence is shit i know but it's only bc i had everything finished i just needed the last sentence and i rlly rlly need to updateee

i'm so so sorry i haven't been updating as much, i can't rlly use school as an excuse i'm just lazy and i keep getting distracted and i spend like 90% of my time on instagram and yeah i'm sorry!! 

i'm gonna try and work harder in updating for u guys!! mwah