-42-

"Okay, watch me closely."

Jackson began working on the furnace, explaining his actions as he did so. Nina was at the front of the group, watching intently. Yugyeom and Bambam lounged towards the back. Bambam has noticed the way Yugyeom had grown stiff as Micah had arrived and the way Micah was acting. He kept glancing between the two, wondering what was going on.

"Hey, Gyeom."

Yugyeom hummed in response, his gaze trained on Jackson's work. Bambam nudged him with his elbow and he glanced down at the shorter boy.

"What?"

"What's going on with you and Micah?", Bambam whispered, his eyebrows drawn together, leaving a small crease between them. Yugyeom felt his stomach drop and he looked away quickly, hoping his face wouldn't give anything away.

"Nothing", he mumbled defensively. Bambam rolled his eyes and grabbed Yugyeom's arm, trying to get his attention again. "What?"

"Don't lie to me", Bambam whispered harshly. Yugyeom looked at the ground, guilt filling up his gut. He wanted to tell him so bad...

"It's nothing, really", Yugyeom replied, pulling his arm out of Bambam's grasp. "Pay attention to the lesson."

Bambam didn't bother him anymore but Yugyeom could feel his displeasure as they stood next to each other.

—-

Their training was over for the day and they were getting ready to leave for their dorms. Bambam and Yugyeom had quickly become close with the other seven, and Bambam was talking away with Nick as they walked down the hall. Yugyeom was walking next to them, just listening to their conversation. He felt a cold hand slip around his wrist and whipped around to see who it was. Dark eyes slightly covered by brown hair glared up at him.

"I need to talk to you", Micah whispered harshly. Yugyeom look behind him to where Bambam was still walking along, not noticing that he had disappeared.

Yugyeom turned back to Micah, prying his wrist out of his grip and stepping back slightly. "About what?"

"You know what", Micah growled. The desperate look on Micah's face scared him, and he didn't want to see how the shorter boy would react if he said no. He glanced back at Bambam one last time before nodding his head.

"Fine."

Micah led him through the halls until they found one that was secluded from the rest of the facility. The boy refused to look at Yugyeom, his eyes trained on the ground as he paced. Yugyeom stood awkwardly against the wall, his arms folded over his chest.

"What do you want me to say, Micah?", Yugyeom asked, his voice scratchy and low. Micah stopped pacing, his back to Yugyeom.

"Take me back? I'm sorry? You were right?", Micah threw out, his voice emotional. Yugyeom shook his head, his eyes brimming with tears.

"I'm not...I'm not going to say that."

Micah whipped around, his face desperate and ghoulish. The bags under his eyes were prominent and made the boy, who already hadn't been that good-looking, look even worse. "Please Yugyeom! I can't live without you. I need you! Just-just leave him and come with me! Please!"

Yugyeom shook his head, standing up straight and clenching his fists. "Just leave me alone! You never loved me and you know that! I never loved you either!"

Micah face crumpled and it seemed for a second that he was done, that he was going to let Yugyeom leave. But instead he leaped forward, shoving Yugyeom against the wall. His breath was hot on the taller boy's neck and he felt fear creeping up his spine.

"L-Let go of me!", Yugyeom shouted, trying to get out Micah's grasp. He clenched Yugyeom's wrists against the wall harshly, growling underneath his breath.

"Not going to happen", Micah whispered, his voice scratchy and harsh, like he had been scrubbed so hard all the dirt had come off and revealed the real him. A monster who showered in his own fears.

Yugyeom couldn't move and gasped when he felt Micah's lips pressed hard against his own. He shook his head trying to get away but Micah dug his nails into his wrists. He whimpered in pain, silently praying that someone would come to save him.

And his prayer was answered.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! GET THE FUCK OFF OF HIM YOU BITCH ASS COCK SUCKER!"

Micah was shoved off of Yugyeom, stumbling to the ground and hitting it hard. Bambam didn't waste a second, immediately climbing on top of him and smashing his fist into Micah's face.

Yugyeom watched in horror as his best friend fought Micah. Bambam was so lost in fury that he didn't stop, even when Micah yelled out for help.

"Bambam, stop-"

He tried grabbing Bambam away but the boy shook him off. It was enough of a distraction for Micah to wriggle out from under Bambam and jump up, wiping the blood off his lip. He growled and charged at Bambam, who met him with equal fury.

Yugyeom shouted for them to stop but they kept going, throwing punches and trying to shove each other to the ground. Micah threw his fist and hit Bambam squarely in the nose. The other boy stumbled back, clutching his now bleeding nose with his hands before charging forward again. Yugyeom shouted and ran forward as well, catching Bambam in his arms before he could get to Micah.

"Bambam, stop!"

"Let go of me, you fucking lying ass bitch!", Bambam screamed, tearing himself out of Yugyeom's arms. The taller boy felt his heart dropped as he realized that Bambam probably hated him.

He could lose Bambam over this.

"What is going on?!", a voice shouted from the end of the hall. Yugyeom whipped around, eyes wide, and spotted a doctor in a long white coat staring at them. She rushed forward, shouting at the two fighting boys.

"Stop fighting! Stop fighting right now!", she yelled, grabbing Bambam. At the feeling of unfamiliar arms, Bambam paused, just long enough for Yugyeom to grab Micah and pull him away from his friend.

"Who do you think you are, fighting like this?!", the doctor yelled. Bambam stood tense next to her, his dark glare trained on Micah. Both boys were breathing heavily and bleeding from several places. The blood was streaming from Bambam's nose and dripping on the ground, ruining the carpet and his new jumper. "Are you trainees? Come on, I'm taking you to Dr. Smith right now."

Micah wrenched himself from Yugyeom's arms, holding a hand over his bleeding lip. All of them knew that they might not be trainees anymore after their talk with Dr. Smith.

Yugyeom looked to Bambam, his heart beating harshly against his chest. He hoped and prayed that his face when he turned around would be something of forgiveness.

But what he saw in those dark eyes was burning hatred, directed right at him.

—-
see i told you it would be intense