-22-

"Well, took you two long enough."

Yugyeom barely glanced at Jinyoung before sitting down in his seat. The doctor was gazing at them with a raised eyebrow.

Bambam sat down next to Yugyeom, not saying anything. Jaebum glanced at the two for a second before clearing his throat.

"Well, now that we're all here, let's start the meeting.

"I'm sure we're all well aware of the extensive damage that has been done to the G.O.T. 7. Right now, our main priorities are the satellite, the engine, and the G.O.T. mainframe. Without the satellite and the mainframe, we can't contact NOVA. The engine is also a main priority, so we can get up in the air as soon as possible.

"The problem is, we can't get to the spare satellite until the water tank is repaired. Jackson, you're on the tank. Bambam and Yugyeom, get started on repairing anything in the bottom floor, including the engine. Youngjae, you're on the mainframe. Me, Dr. Park, and Mark will go observe the area and collect some samples. If any of you have any questions or reports, call me over the coms. Understand?"

The crew nodded. Jaebum smiled, something that looked all too forced on his features.

"Great. We'll meet back here at dinner."

The crew stood up, getting ready to go do their assigned jobs. Jinyoung moved around the table and gently grabbed Bambam's arm to stop him.

"How is your wound doing? Has anything changed since yesterday?"

Bambam shook his head. "It's fine."

Jinyoung nodded. He glanced at Bambam's jumper, his eyebrows drawing together as he read the name tag.

"Are you wearing one of Yugyeom's jumpers?"

Bambam's face flushed and he pulled his arm out of Jinyoung's grasp, smiling nervously. Yugyeom felt his own face start to burn.

"It's not-it's just..."

Jackson appeared behind Jinyoung, grinning evilly. "Is he really? I saw him in Yugyeom's room this morning too."

Yugyeom's eyes widened and he opened his mouth to retort. Jinyoung cut him off with a laugh.

"We should stop teasing them. They're both bright red."

"We weren't doing anything!", Yugyeom defended. Bambam stared at the ground, his face flushed red.

"That's not what it looked like to me", Jackson commented, giving the two a knowing look. Yugyeom resisted the urge to cover his burning face with his hands.

"Hey, stop messing around!", Jaebum scolded from the other end of the room. Jackson rolled his eyes, still grinning.

"Sorry, Captain."

Jaebum's eyes narrowed. "Dr. Park. You're with me. Let's go."

Jinyoung smiled at him forcedly. "Of course, Captain. I was just checking on my patient."

"Right."

Jinyoung glanced at the two blushing boys one last time before clapping Jackson on the shoulder and heading over to Mark and Jaebum. Jackson gave the two boys a look before slinging his arms around each of their shoulders, pulling them along with him.

"This will be great. Bonding time! You two can tell me all about the fun you had last night."

Bambam groaned, removing himself from Jackson's arm. "We didn't do anything Jackson, jesus christ."

Jackson raised an eyebrow as Yugyeom also escaped his grasp. They went out the door of the meeting room, leaving Youngjae by himself to fix the mainframe.

"Really? Then explain what you were doing when I walked in on you this morning?"

Yugyeom avoided Jackson's questioning gaze, staring at the ground. "Nothing. We were just talking."

Jackson chuckled. "Sure."

They were silent the rest of the way to the bottom floor. Jackson left them to go fix the water tank. The two boys shuffled around awkwardly for a while, too nervous to talk to each other.

"So...what were you working on before?"

Yugyeom gazed around the room. "I mostly just doing busy work, fixing furnaces and stuff."

Bambam nodded. "Alright. I think we should organize this place before we get to work on the engine. Does that sound good to you?"

Yugyeom nodded. "Sounds great."

---

They had been working for hours and both boys were exhausted. It had been awkward for the first half hour, and then they had gotten into their normal rythm, laughing and joking together like they always had. They were settling down for lunch now.

"How do you think Jackson's doing?", Bambam asked, chewing on his sandwich. Yugyeom scrunched his nose, nudging Bambam slightly.

"Don't talk with your mouth full."

Bambam made a point of chewing loudly with his mouth wide open, making Yugyeom laugh and move away from him. Bambam laughed as well, choking on his sandwich as he did.

"You're weird", Yugyeom chuckled, smiling at the other boy as he took a sip of water to clear his throat. He turned to Yugyeom, raising an eyebrow.

He shoved Yugyeom's shoulder lightly. "You're weirder."

His hand dragged down Yugyeom's arm, resting just inches away from the taller boy's own hand. Yugyeom's heart beat faster as he stared at Bambam's callused fingers.

His stomach turned as he watched Bambam's hand slip into his own, his fingers interlocking with Yugyeom's. His face flushed and he was too nervous to look into Bambam's eyes.

"Is this...is this okay?"

He mustered the courage to look up into Bambam's dark eyes, his heart beating impossibly faster. Bambam's face was inches from his own, his eyes just as soft and welcoming as he had always remembered. His heart thumped against his chest.

Bambam's cheek looked so soft, and he wanted to reach out and touch it. His lips looked even softer...

"Yes", Yugyeom whispered, falling into Bambam's eyes all over again.

---
i screamed bc im bleeding and in pain and my lil sister just shushed me i feel so loved

^wrote that a while ago i'm okay now :)