-32-

"Yugyeom, I can't sleep."

Yugyeom jumped at the sound of Bambam's voice. He rubbed his face, sighing while Bambam chuckled.

"Sorry."

"It's fine", Yugyeom smiled uneasily. "I didn't know you were awake."

Bambam hummed in response. Yugyeom glanced over at him. He was twisting his callused hands together, staring at the ceiling.

Yugyeom looked at the alarm clock on the desk next to his bed. It read 3:27 am.

He had been laying awake ever since he returned to his room. He couldn't stop thinking about what Micah had said.

"I'm so scared about what's going to happen tomorrow."

Yugyeom took a deep breath, staring at the ceiling. "Me too."

"It's our whole future."

"Yeah."

They were silent. Yugyeom's mind kept wandering off. He couldn't focus on anything.

He glanced over as he saw Bambam get out of his bed. He raised an eyebrow as the shorter boy climbed onto the bed next to him. He didn't get under the covers, just curled up next to Yugyeom.

"What are you doing?", Yugyeom chuckled. Bambam shrugged, tucking his chin into his chest. Yugyeom moved and lifted up the covers for Bambam to get under.

Bambam snuggled down under the sheets, closing his eyes tightly. Yugyeom unsurely reached his arms around him, rubbing his back comfortingly. Bambam rested his forehead against Yugyeom's chest.

"I don't even know what I'll do if I don't make it. I've spent a whole year here; I don't know what else I'd do. Plus, it's not like my brother will take me back. I'll have nowhere to go."

Yugyeom closed his eyes, resting his chin on the top of Bambam's head. "If you fail, then I'll fail with you."

Bambam moved back, a questioning look on his soft features. "What?"

Yugyeom looked away, embarrassed. "Well, I'm not going on a G.O.T. without you."

"But...", Bambam trailed off, staring at Yugyeom in disbelief. "Yug, you can't give up your dream for me."

Yugyeom shook his head. "I don't care. If we can't do it together, then I don't want to do it at all."

Bambam's eyes watered, and he quickly tucked his head back into Yugyeom's chest. Yugyeom could feel tears falling on his t-shirt. He hugged Bambam closer.

"Don't cry, Bam."

Bambam sniffled, rubbing his nose with a hand. "I'm sorry, I just...no one's ever done something like that for me."

Yugyeom smiled softly. He pressed his nose into Bambam's dark, fluffy hair.

"Thank you", Bambam whispered. Yugyeom closed his eyes. He needed to tell him.

Yugyeom pulled back. "Bambam, there's something I need to tell you."

Bambam looked up, his eyes red and teary. He gazed at Yugyeom in confusion, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"What is it?"

"I..." Yugyeom gulped. His breathing sped up and his heart beat heavily against his chest. "Um, never mind. It's not important."

Bambam gazed at him for a second longer before smiling and nuzzling back into Yugyeom's chest. "Alright. Do you mind if I stay here for a little bit?"

Yugyeom shook his head, chuckling quietly. "No, take your time."

He could still feel the guilt taunting him in the dark corners of their room.