-48-

listen to slip by elliot moss, it inspired this chapter!!
—-

The thing about time is that sometimes it slips away from you.

Yugyeom had heard that there wasn't any time in space, since there was no sun to change the sky from day to night. Space was an endless, limitless, timeless, empty place.

Time was slipping away from Yugyeom at that moment, just like it would in space.

The lights of the city blazed ahead of them. The windows were down, wind pushing Yugyeom's bangs into his eyes. He was squeezed next to a boy named Youngjae in the backseat of Jackson's car. Said man was driving, Jinyoung next to him in the passenger seat. Jaebum, Mark, Bambam, Youngjae, and Yugyeom had to share the tiny backseat, piled on top of each other dangerously. Jaebum, or Dr. Im as Yugyeom insisted on calling him, hadn't been too fond of the idea, but the prospect of getting a night off and some alcohol in him was too great to turn down.

After Yugyeom had called Jaebum 'Dr. Im', and Jaebum had told him to 'just call him Jaebum', Jinyoung has pointed out that, he too, was a doctor and should be called as such, earning nothing but loud wheezes from the rest of the group with the exception of Bambam and Yugyeom. Bambam had stood silent for the entire interaction, completely out of character for him.

Back to time. Time was slipping away from Yugyeom for two reasons. One was this: the city that lay just before him, burning with lights and noise and possibility. He had been in the city just weeks ago, and yet his heart still pumped with adrenaline at the sight of it. There was something about the towering buildings that set him on fire.

The second reason was Bambam.

They finally exited the bridge, the sound of overlapping voices filling the car as the five men discussed their plans for the night. Yugyeom hadn't been aware that they would be going to a bar when he'd agreed to follow Jackson to the garage, but he was 19. It was time to live a little.

They parked outside a bustling club, the five in the backseat practically falling out of the car as they opened the door.

"Wait, how old are you?", Jackson asked, turning to Yugyeom and Bambam.

"Uh, nineteen?", Yugyeom answered. Jinyoung turned a burning glare on Jackson.

"You brought children to a club?", he hissed. Jackson chuckled awkwardly.

"I thought they were older."

"It's okay, they can stay with me. I'll buy them drinks", Mark said. He hadn't spoken much since Yugyeom had met him, but he seemed nice enough.

"No, we should take them back", Jinyoung retorted. Jackson groaned.

"But then we'd have to go back too!"

"If NOVA finds out they came here with us, we'd all be expulsed!", Jinyoung hissed. Youngjae shrugged simply.

"I guess we'll just have to make sure they don't find out", he said, and walked off into the club. Jaebum shrugged as well and followed him.

"It's okay Jinyoung", Mark assured the younger. "I'll keep an eye on them."

"Fine", he muttered and walked off with Jackson. The shorter slung an arm around his shoulder, quickly managing to bring a smile to his handsome features. Mark turned to the two youngest boys, standing silently with a couple feet of distance between them.

"Let's go", he said, gesturing behind himself.

—-