-39-

a/n: listen to guillotine by jon bellion RIGHT NOW
~

The four men piled into the Carrier, Mark and Jinyoung in the front and Yugyeom and Bambam in the back. Jinyoung passed back a tablet as Mark started the vehicle, starting back into the forest they had been in the day before.

"Mark used the Carrier to make a map of the surrounding area. We marked a couple areas of interest and we're going to go check them out."

The two boys gazed at the tablet, inspecting the map. It didn't make much sense to the two, but they pretended it did so they wouldn't be embarrassed.

Mark drove them to the first spot marked on the map and everyone got out. The forest wasn't very dense or wild, but they were still cautious. They had nothing to protect themselves if the wild life decided to attack.

"I also scanned the area to make sure there was nothing harmful, and none of these plants are poisonous so don't worry", Mark assured them as they ventured through the green. Bambam and Yugyeom stayed close to each other, their arms brushing together as they walked.

"The first destination is a cave. Mark says there might be some interesting geological features that he wants to check out and take samples of", Jinyoung explained. The two younger boys nodded, following close behind the two older. Yugyeom was glancing in every direction, his eyes flitting from the side to behind to the front every second. Being in a strange forest with no protection on a strange planet was much different than out in the field, where they could see what could possibly be coming towards them. The forest was filled with hidden dangers, and he had to be on his toes if he wanted to protect Bambam.

Soon, they neared a large mass of rock with a gaping entrance; the cave. It looked dark and wet inside, drops of water dripping off of stalactites that hung from the black ceiling.

Mark stopped the team once they were a few feet from the entrance. He turned around to face the others determinedly. "So, who's going with me?"

The three glanced at each other. Jinyoung placed his hands on his hips, biting his lip.

"Well, I think I should stay out here, just in case there's an injury. And I need one of them to help me look out. So which one of you is going with Mark and which one is staying with me?", Jinyoung asked, turning towards the two youngest.

They stared at the doctor, frozen on the spot. "Um...", Yugyeom started.

"I can go", Bambam stated suddenly. Yugyeom felt his stomach churn and bit back the protective words that wanted to escape his mouth.

"Is that okay to you, Yugyeom?", Mark asked. Bambam turned toward him, a hidden sharpness in his gaze. Yugyeom nodded timidly, swallowing down the discomfort he felt.

"Well then, let's go!", Mark grinned, heading towards the cave with a flashlight in hand. Bambam patted Yugyeom once on the shoulder before following the older into the dark, a nervous giddiness putting a slight falter in his steps.

"Those two idiots are probably going to get themselves killed", Jinyoung muttered under his breath. The words only made Yugyeom more scared, and he collapsed on a rock, his head pounding with all his overwhelming feelings. Jinyoung's eyes widened at Yugyeom's reaction, and he a guilty expression rested on his features as he realized that what he had said had affected Yugyeom.

"Hey, I was just joking", the doctor assured him, sitting down next to the boy. Yugyeom shrugged, attempting a smile.

"It's okay. I guess I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed."

"It's been crazy lately, hasn't it?"

Yugyeom nodded, sighing heavily. "I know I shouldn't be so worried about him, we went through the same training and he can take care of himself, it's just..."

"It's because of the accident, right?", Jinyoung asked. Yugyeom hung his head.

"It's okay to be scared for him, Yugyeom. God, I'm scared too. We're family and so we're supposed to be scared for each other. You're doing the right thing by letting him do this, and I know it sucks to worry, but when he comes out of that cave, you'll realize that everything is fine-"

Jinyoung was cut off by the sound of rocks crashing against each other as they tumbled to the ground.

The two stood up immediately, their eyes widening as they saw what had happened. The entrance to the cave was...gone. It had been covered with rocks as they had suddenly collapsed and fallen.

They rushed to the cave, worry making Yugyeom stumble as he made his way to what used to be the entrance. He slammed his palms against the rocks now covering it, desperately trying to pry them away with his fingers. Jinyoung hurriedly grabbed out his radio, desperately trying to signal Mark and Bambam.

"Bambam, Mark, are you okay?!", he yelled into the radio, sweat dripping down his face. Yugyeom gasped as he tried to pull the rocks away with no avail, feeling as though he might throw up.

The radio crackled and Yugyeom snapped his head toward it, suddenly hopeful.

"Yeah, we're okay. It's just the entrance that collapsed, I think..."

Mark was interrupted by a coughing fit that made Yugyeom's stomach twist. "Are you okay?", Jinyoung asked. The coughing continued for a second before dying down.

"Yeah, yeah, it's just really dusty in here...I think it's because of the rocks..."

"Can you see anyway to get out?", Jinyoung questioned, nervously tapping his feet. Yugyeom moved away from the rocks, standing next to Jinyoung with a worried expression on his features.

"There's a little bit of light, coming from the top where the rocks fell. Not much, but if you can widen the hole and get a rope, I think we can get out."

Jinyoung nodded, and Yugyeom could see a plan already forming in his head. He suddenly shoved the radio into Yugyeom's hands, a new determination in his eyes. "Yugyeom, talk to them and make sure they're okay. I'm going back to the Carrier to get supplies."

Yugyeom nodded, and Jinyoung was sprinting off into the forest.

The boy turned back to the wall of rocks, his heart beating hard against his chest. He unsurely brought the radio up to his mouth, his mind filled with worry.

"Bambam? Are-are you okay?"

There was silence for a second, and Yugyeom was terrified that he wouldn't hear a reply. Then, the radio crackled and a familiar voice floated over.

"Yeah, I'm okay."

Yugyeom sighed heavily, feeling a weight lift off his chest after hearing Bambam's voice. He brought the radio back up to his lips, smiling in relief.

"Thank God."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fucking worried about you, that's all", Yugyeom replied, letting the words slip past his lips without thinking that Mark might hear. He didn't care, he just needed to hear Bambam's voice and know he was okay.

"Don't worry, we'll get out just fine-"

Another coughing fit was heard over the radio and Yugyeom closed his eyes, wishing he could do something to help them.

—-
i decided to start working on this fic again now that bubblegum bitch is done/almost done. i have several chapters prewritten and i decided to just publish all of them now, also i won't be spellchecking like i usually do cuz i'm lazy so i'm sorry if there are errors!!