-40-

It was their first of training as part of The Ten.

Yugyeom shakily zipped up his gray jumper, swallowing nervously. He wasn't nervous about their training as much as he was worried of seeing Micah again. It would probably be fine, he was probably over it.

Probably.

He disliked the unsurely of the word. He left his bathroom and spotted Bambam sitting on his bed, putting his shoes on. They had eaten ramen for breakfast, and every other meal since Saturday. Living on their own had been harder than they had expected.

"Are you ready?", Bambam asked, standing up. Yugyeom nodded; he had his shoes on and everything. Bambam grinned, his white teeth shining against his darker skin, and patted Yugyeom on the shoulder as he passed him. He grabbed the keys off the counter and walked to the door, his stride easy and relaxed. Yugyeom wished he could be as unbothered as his friend.

They went out the door, walking down the halls to their new training area. They had an entire branch of the N.O.V.A. building for their training now.

They waved shyly to doctors and officials that passed them. This was entirely different side of N.O.V.A. They were with the big dogs now; they were people who mattered.

Several minutes later, they arrived at the training room. Yugyeom lightly pried open the door, peeking in before stepping inside nervously. Bambam followed him, giving his shoulder a light squeeze to comfort him. He could tell the taller boy was nervous, and probably assumed it was just about the training.

The room was large, with lots of equipment scattered around. Yugyeom saw large machines that he had no idea what they did. In a large clear space near the door, a group of people stood talking amongst themselves. They were wearing the same gray jumpers as Bambam and Yugyeom.

Bambam grabbed a bit of Yugyeom's sleeve, pulling him along. Yugyeom followed, his stomach churning.

The group turned slightly as they heard the two approaching, looking over them. Five of them were girls and the other was a boy. Bambam grinned as they stopped next to them, bowing slightly out of habit.

"Hey, I'm Bambam and this is Yugyeom. You guys are in The Ten, right?"

The girl nearest them nodded, smiling softly. She had chocolate skin with long dark locks of black hair framing her soft face. She was tall and nicely built with dark eyes that burned into your skin.

"I'm Nina", she introduced herself. She twitched her head to the side slightly. "I don't remember a Bambam making it into The Ten."

Bambam faltered slightly at her statement but soon picked himself up again. He laughed quickly and shook his head.

"Uh, my real name is Kunpimook Bhuwakul but I go by Bambam."

Nina simply nodded, her arms crossed over her chest.

"Well, my name is Carl. It's nice to meet you two!", a boy with light skin and red hair cut in, smiling widely.

"I'm Al", another girl introduced herself. She had a devilish grin that Yugyeom found slightly intimidating.

"Uh, I'm Maris", said a very short girl with a cute face.

"Martha", another girl sighed. Her cropped blonde hair fell over her face and she look tired.

"I'm Herin, nice to meet you", the last girl introduced herself. She smiled sweetly, her silky dark hair tied up in a tight bun.

"Oh, and here comes Nick", Carl said, glancing over at the door. Nick rushed up to them, panting slightly.

"Am I late?", he asked, leaning over with his hands on his knees and taking deep breaths. Al rolled her eyes, clapping him on the back harshly, making him stumble slightly.

"No, the instructor still isn't here and we're still waiting for one more guy", Herin replied. Nick nodded, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Did you run all the way here?"

"Yeah, of fucking course I did, I thought I was late", Nick replied, standing up straight. The door opened and a familiar face stepped in along with a muscular man that also looked somewhat familiar.

"Hello trainees", Dr. Smith said as he approached them. They moved into a line, Bambam and Yugyeom staying close to each other. The older man stopped in front of them, the other man crossing his arms over his chest, muscles bulging slightly.

"Is everyone here?", Dr. Smith asked, counting them. He shook his head, his eyebrows drawing together. "We're missing one."

"Micah Buncher", Nina replied, her face emotionless. Yugyeom was intimidated by her stoic posture and the way she already knew everyone's names.

"Ah, yes, Micah. Does anyone know where he might be?"

Everyone shook their heads. Just then, the door opened and a boy stalked in, his brown hair falling over his eyes.

"Micah! We were just wondering where you were. Try not to be late next time", Dr. Smith said as he stood in the line. He simply nodded, his eyes on the ground.

"Well, now that we're all here, I can introduce your instructor to you! At least, he'll be your instructor for a little while. Jackson here is next in line for the G.O.T. missions", Dr. Smith said, gesturing to the man next to him. Jackson grinned and waved. Yugyeom stared at him, trying to remember where he had seen him before.

"I'll let you take care of the rest", Dr. Smith finished, walking out the door. Jackson nodded and settled himself in front of The Ten.

"Well, you already know my name is Jackson", Jackson said, his white teeth shining. He had a sharp jaw and very handsome features. Yugyeom couldn't help but admit that he was hot. "I'm an engineer but a lot of emergency response is fixing things, so they thought I should teach you. Like Dr. Smith said, I'm next in line for a G.O.T. mission, so I might not be here long. You've also got other training to do other than fixing things that someone else will teach you."

They all nodded, waiting for him to continue. He scratched his head, awkwardly chuckling. "Uh, I didn't really prepare a whole speech, so we can get to work now?"

They nodded again and Jackson smiled. "Alright, everyone follow me."

They started off, following Jackson to wherever he was taking them. Yugyeom glanced over and saw Micah trudging along in the back. The boy looked up and their eyes met for a split second before Yugyeom tore his away, his heart beating heavily against his chest.

—-
k i was gonna try and get to some other stuff in this chapter but it ended being longer than usual so cool edgy stuff in next flashback chapter sorry