-13-

"Yugyeom!"

The boy was nearly crushed to death in his mother's arms. He flailed his arms, trying to escape her grasp.

"M-mom, you're suffocating me!"

She let go, stepping back to smile at her son. "The house has been so quiet without you."

Yugyeom smiled shyly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm sure it has."

His mother glanced over his shoulder, spotting Bambam standing awkwardly behind Yugyeom. She smiled, stretching out her hand for a handshake. Bambam took it warily.

"You must be Bambam."

Bambam nodded, glancing at Yugyeom nervously.

"Well, I hope you made enough dinner, because I'm starving", Yugyeom said as his mother moved to let them inside. She chuckled, rubbing Yugyeom's back as he and Bambam took of their shoes.

"Don't worry, there's enough."

Yugyeom waved at his dad who was cooking at the stove. He waved back and went back to the food.

Yugyeom hauled his bag over his shoulder. "Me and Bam are going to go take our stuff to my room, and then I'll give him a tour. Shout for me when you're ready."

His mother nodded, joining his father in the kitchen. Yugyeom grabbed Bambam's arm and pulled him to his room.

He opened the door, gazing around. His parents hadn't changed a thing.

In one corner was the bed with a small table next to it with a lamp and alarm clock. His desk was clean for the first time ever, sitting in the corner. His dresser and closet were barren. The walls were the same as always, painted a light blue with a couple posters pasted on them.

"You have constellations on your ceiling."

Yugyeom turned around, looking at Bambam. He was gazing at the ceiling, a small smile playing on his lips. Yugyeom looked up as well.

"Oh, yeah. My uncle painted them a while back. He's an artist. The stars glow in the dark, it's really cool."

Bambam nodded. He sat his bag on the ground, looking around the room. "So...where am I sleeping?"

Yugyeom placed a hand on his hip, looking around. "Well, since you're the guest, you can have the bed. I'll sleep on the ground or something."

Bambam folded his arms. "Are you sure? 'Cause I can sleep on the ground, it's no problem."

Yugyeom shook his head, smiling. "No, you have the bed, I don't mind."

Bambam nodded shyly. Yugyeom couldn't help but notice that he looked completely out of his comfort zone.

"I'll take you on the tour now", Yugyeom said, grabbing Bambam's arm. Bambam pulled out of Yugyeom's grasp.

"I can walk myself, jesus christ."

Yugyeom laughed. He led Bambam to the bathroom, then the living room, and waved at his parents in the kitchen. Their apartment was small since it was only Yugyeom and his parents, so there wasn't much to show.

"Hey, Mom and Dad, can I take him to the roof?", Yugyeom asked. Both his parents gave him a thumbs up. He grinned at Bambam. "Come on."

They left the apartment, taking the stairs up to the highest floor. Yugyeom opened the door and both of them stepped out into the evening light.

Bambam gazed around, taking everything in. Yugyeom watched him with a smile on his face.

The residents of the apartment had decided a few years back to turn the roof into a "community garden". There were potted plants in every corner, and several buckets of dirt with fruit and vegetable plants blooming from them. Fairy lights were strung across the roof.

The best part was the sunset, dyeing the entire city oranges and yellows. You could see it perfectly from the roof.

Bambam chuckled. "It's...awesome."

Yugyeom nodded. He glanced at Bambam, who was now staring at the ground and shuffling his feet. Beads of sweat dropped down his forehead.

"Hey, are you okay? You look sick", Yugyeom said, moving forward and gently grabbing Bambam's arm. The other boy jumped as if he'd been shocked, pulling away.

"I'm okay", he assured, refusing to meet Yugyeom's eyes. Yugyeom furrowed his brows.

"Bambam, what's wrong?"

Bambam took a shaky breath, twisting his hands together nervously. "I...I have something I need to tell you."

Yugyeom pulled Bambam over to two lawn chairs, sitting them both down. He gazed at Bambam with a worried expression. "What is it?"

Bambam bit his lip. "Yugyeom, I haven't been honest with you. I don't want you to think differently of me though. I'm...I'm scared you won't want to be friends with me if I tell you."

Yugyeom shook his head. "Nothing you could say would make me do that, Bam."

Bambam closed his eyes. "Okay. I-I'm..." He trailed off. Yugyeom could see his hands shaking.

He instinctively reached forward, grabbing the boy's hands in his own to calm them. Bambam looked like he wanted to pull away, but he didn't. He gazed down at their hands, avoiding Yugyeom's worried gaze.

"Bam, you can tell me."

"I'm gay."

Yugyeom's eyes widened. He pulled back slightly, surprised.

"Is this...new? Or is it something you've known for a while?", Yugyeom asked softly. Bambam sighed.

"I've known for a while. My brother...it's the reason I'm not visiting him right now."

"Oh", Yugyeom breathed. He was still holding Bambam's hands and he felt an uncomfortable feeling spreading through his stomach. He was about to pull away when he felt Bambam's hands tighten around his own.

"You don't...hate me, right?", Bambam asked, finally looking up. His eyes were dark as they always were, and they locked onto Yugyeom's so the other boy couldn't look away.

The uncomfortable feeling melted away, replaced with a warmth that spread through Yugyeom's entire body. He smiled softly.

"I could never hate you, Bam."

---
they're cute :,)