-37-

If Yugyeom was going to remember anything from this trip, he wanted it to be Bambam's lips.

It was intoxicating. Bambam's lips against his own, his hands on his body, his whispered laments in his ears. He didn't think he could ever wish for anything else.

They had been in their tent for a while now.

Bambam was on top of him, his hands placed firmly on Yugyeom's chest as he kissed him. His dark hair kept falling out of place and rubbing against Yugyeom's forehead, causing the boy to giggle. Bambam would push back, give Yugyeom a small smile, watch as Yugyeom smoothed his hair back for him once again, and then kiss him.

Yugyeom grinned against Bambam's lips, flipping him over so he was on top now. He smiled down at the smaller boy, his eyes trained on his soft, swollen lips. He kissed them softly, once, twice, and then Bambam got tired and wrapped his hands around Yugyeom's neck, pulling his head down to connect their lips once again.

Yugyeom let his hands wander over Bambam's chest, sliding up to cheeks which he cradled while he kissed the other boy. Bambam's hands trailed down his back, catching on the thin fabric of Yugyeom's shirt.

Yugyeom pulled back, kissing the corner of Bambam's mouth down to his jaw. He bit the corner of the boy's jaw softly, and Bambam giggled, his hands moving back up to Yugyeom's hair, his fingers twisting in between the dark threads.

Bambam rubbed his leg up against Yugyeom's, a smile twitching on his lips. Yugyeom nuzzled into the smaller boy's collar bone, breathing in softly. Bambam smelled like smoke from the fire he had put out earlier, and Yugyeom loved it, but he felt it didn't fit the other boy.

Bambam wasn't like fire. Micah, a person Yugyeom hadn't thought about in a long time, was like fire. He was a forest fire, and Yugyeom was stuck in the middle of it, with nothing to do but watch everything around him burn. Bambam, on the other hand, was every trip to the beach, every sunset, every day spent planting flowers on the roof, every night spent staring up at a ceiling painted with stars. Bambam was the calm in the storm, the nostalgic feeling you got when you thought of an old home. He was every bite of cake, every sip of tea, every book on a rainy day. He was that song you couldn't help but listen to twice. He was that one joke that no matter how many times you had heard it, it never failed to make you laugh.

Being with Bambam was the best thing Yugyeom had ever done.

Yugyeom moved off of Bambam, collapsing in the blankets next to him. He kept a leg and an arm wrapped over the boy, his head still tucked in his collarbone. He closed his eyes, sighing in content.

Bambam's fingers intertwined with his own. "I'm happy", he heard the smaller boy whisper, and he nodded in agreement.

"I am too."

He watched Bambam's chest rise and fall, their intertwined fingers resting just over it.

"Hey Yugyeom?", Bambam asked, and the other boy looked up at him, staring into his dark doe eyes. Bambam smiled softly as Yugyeom twisted his body so he could more comfortably look at his face.

"Yeah?"

Bambam stared at him for a second, as if debating if he should continue or not. "Do you remember the day I came out to you?"

Yugyeom thought back, his mind resting on the memory of his parents' rooftop during sunset, a nervous Bambam clumsily coming out to a surprised Yugyeom, and their intertwined hands.

"Yeah, I remember", Yugyeom replied. Bambam smiled shyly, a light blush tinting his cheeks.

"...That was when I knew that I liked you."

Yugyeom felt his stomach twist and he looked down, embarrassed. "Really?"

Bambam nodded. "Yeah. I've wanted to tell you ever since then."

"Why didn't you?", Yugyeom asked softly, looking back up at him. Bambam bit his lip.

"I was afraid that you would...hate me", he finally replied. Yugyeom felt guilt settle in his stomach and he looked away.

"I'm sorry", he whispered. Bambam cupped his chin, forcing him to look back at him.

"It's okay, Yugyeom. I know it's not true."

Yugyeom sighed. He moved up so he was hovering just above Bambam's face, his fingers stroking the boy's soft cheek.

"I guess we'll have to make up for lost time."

—-

"Wake up!"

Yugyeom groaned softly, stretching his arms out slightly. He opened his eyes and smiled when he saw Bambam's sleeping face right next to his own. He kissed the boy's nose softly and his eyes twitched slowly open.

Bambam snorted softly, moving forward and nuzzling into Yugyeom's chest. He wrapped his arms around the taller boy under the blanket, his fingers gripping his back. Yugyeom buried his nose in the smaller boy's hair, taking a deep breath.

"Come on, we have work to do!", Jinyoung shouted again, slapping the tent with his hand. The two boys startled, pulling back from each other just in case.

"We better get ready before Dr. Park kills us", Bambam mumbled, sitting up. His hair was sticking up all over the place and Yugyeom snorted, earning himself a glare from the shorter boy.

Bambam quickly got dressed in his gray work jumper, while Yugyeom stayed tangled up in the blankets, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"You have to get up, Yugyeom", Bambam murmured, crawling on top of the taller boy and kissing his face. Yugyeom laughed, pulling his face to his own, connecting their lips again. Bambam smiled into the kiss, his eyelashes fluttering against Yugyeom's cheeks.

"Seriously we have to go-"

"You might not want to go in there, Jinyoung."

The boys jumped away from each other again as they heard ruffling from the opening of the tent. Bambam turned around, checking to see if anyone had seen them, but there was no one.

The doctor had begun to come inside but left at Mark's warning, and hadn't seen them together. The two boys sighed in relief and Bambam pulled Yugyeom up by his arms.

"Okay, you need to get ready now. I'll see you in a bit."

Yugyeom nodded and watched Bambam as he walked out of the tent.

—-
they're cute and gay and i'm emo