-15-

"Are you sure you don't hate me?"

Yugyeom turned around in his sleeping bag, gazing up at Bambam. He was peering over the edge of Yugyeom's bed with a worried expression.

"I already told you, Bam. I don't care if you're gay. You're still you."

Bambam shook his head, laying back on Yugyeom's bed. "I know, I just..." He trailed off, staring up at the ceiling.

Yugyeom thought for a second, and then he got up, moving to sit on the bed next to Bambam. The other boy stared at him with a questioning expression.

"If I cared, would I do this?", Yugyeom asked, getting under the covers. The bed was only a twin and they were squished right up next to each other. Bambam's face was burning in the dark.

Yugyeom raised an eyebrow and Bambam looked away. "No, I guess not. Are you...are you gonna stay here all night?"

Yugyeom bit his lip. "If you want me to, I guess."

Bambam took a deep breath. He stared at the ceiling, his brows furrowed.

"I know you think I'm acting stupid, but I...everyone I've told has left me. My brother hates me because of it. And right after I told my mom, she...she died. I know it's not my fault she died, she was sick, I just can't help but feel that I was a part of it. I'm sorry, you probably don't care, I'll just stop talking now", Bambam said quickly, looking away and twisting his fingers together. Yugyeom gently grabbed his arm.

"I care, Bambam. You're my friend, and I want you to tell me these things", he said, gazing at Bambam's face in the dark. He could see tears glinting in the other boy's eyes.

Bambam gulped, and then he turned around, grabbing onto Yugyeom's arm and pressing his face against it. Yugyeom froze in shock, then melted, wrapping his other arm around the smaller boy and pulling him close.

"Thank you", Bambam whispered. Yugyeom nodded, hugging him tighter.

"You're welcome, Bam."

---

"Hey, Yugyeom, can I talk to you?"

Yugyeom glanced behind him and saw a nervous looking Bambam twisting his hands together. The taller boy smiled, cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"Uh, sure."

"Great." Bambam grabbed his arm, pulling him down the hall and into the lounge. Outside the grand window, they could see the stars floating in the darkness of space.

Bambam pulled him to the couch right next to the window, sitting both of them down. He wiped his hands on his jeans nervously.

"Are you on duty right now?", he asked, forcing a smile and avoiding Yugyeom's gaze. Yugyeom raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah...you're acting weird."

Bambam's face reddened and he looked down at his hands. "Oh, well I wanted to tell you something..." He trailed off, staring at the ground.

"Okay?", Yugyeom said questiongly. He stared at Bambam, waiting for the other boy to speak. He stayed silent.

"What is it?", Yugyeom asked. He glanced at the door; he really should be working.

"Well, I...", Bambam trailed off again. He twisted his hands together like he always did when he was nervous. "Um..."

"Bam, I have to go soon", Yugyeom said impatiently. Bambam nodded quickly.

"Sorry, um...we've been friends for a while now, right?"

Yugyeom furrowed his brows. "Uh, yeah, I guess so. Why?"

Bambam bit his lip. "Well, I've known you for a long time, and you know all my deepest secrets, and we're really close, y'know? And, well, maybe I want us to be...closer."

Yugyeom frowned. "What do you mean?"

Bambam took a deep breath. He looked out the window, at all the stars, and his eyes sparkled like they always did when he looked at the stars. He looked back at Yugyeom, and his eyes never stopped sparking.

"I love you more than I've ever loved the stars in the sky."

---

They were back at NOVA, unpacking from their trip. Yugyeom's parents had made Bambam promise to always come visit when Yugyeom did, and Bambam had shyly agreed.

The next day, they would be starting up their training again. They were top of their class with Micah once again, and both boys were determined to eventually beat him.

"If we end up in the final ten with Micah, I'll have to kill myself", Bambam huffed, shoving clothes into his drawer. Yugyeom raised an eyebrow at him.

"That's a little drastic, don't you think?"

Bambam looked at Yugyeom, eyebrows raised. "It's Micah."

Yugyeom chuckled, heading to the bathroom to put his toothbrush away. Things had gone back to normal since the night Bambam had come out to Yugyeom, and he was grateful. Bambam was his only friend at NOVA, and he wasn't planning on losing him any time soon.

"Hey can you put my toothbrush away too?"

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, grabbing Bambam's toothbrush and shoving it where it normally went. He headed back into the room, collapsing on his bed and gazing over at Bambam.

"I think I've forgotten everything about first-aid already."

Bambam laughed. "Me too, man. That shit's boring."

Yugyeom grinned. An announcement came over the loudspeakers, telling the trainees that it was time for dinner. Yugyeom glanced at his friend, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Race you to the cafeteria."

Bambam nodded and the two sprinted off, laughing and trying to trip each other. The sped past Micah, who gave them a dirty look.

Once they reached the cafeteria, they were out of breath, gasping and leaning on each other. Micah shoved past them as they laughed, rolling his eyes. Bambam stuck his tongue out at him and it only made Yugyeom laugh harder.

He was glad things were going back to normal.

---
btw the middle part was a fast forward to something that happened on the G.O.T. 7 before they crashed. it'll get more explanation laterr

for those of you who are wondering how long this fic is gonna be, it'll probs be like 40-50 chapters. this is gonna be a long ass ride.