One

{Song for this chapter: September by campsite dream}
Highly recommend you play this!

-Renee's pov

I woke up to the sound of my ignorant alarm echoing through my bedroom loudly.

"Shut the fuck up." I groaned into the air before burying my head into the middle of my pillow.

After a few more minutes, I realised that no one else was going to turn this alarm clock off for me, and extended my arm out to switch it off.

The ringing on my phone instantly stopped, causing me to let out a sigh of relief.

My mind was at peace for a few moments as I laid in silence. That was until I realised what that alarm was actually waking me up for.

Today was my first day at Liberty High.

My family and I moved here during summer after my parents decided we needed a fresh start following the death of my dad's mom; much to my mine and my brothers dismay.

We both equally loved our old home back in New York. I had always loved the city and how busy everything was there. There was a lot more to do there than this boring little town in Cali we now live in.

I mean, I guess school back in New York wasn't that great for me.

I didn't have many friends, unlike my brother Mitch who knew everyone. However, I did manage to make two amazing best friends called Leah and Jade.

God I missed them so fucking much.

"Get up shit face or we're going to be late." The sound of my brothers deep voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

Mitch's tall, muscular body was towering over my bed like some kind of giant.

"I'm getting up, cool your shit." I grunted back in return before throwing the warmth of my covers off my body quickly.

"You got 10 minutes." He said before turning back around and leaving my room.

"Fucking brilliant." I rolled my eyes before climbing out of the comfort of my large double bed.

I started by washing my face before applying some simple makeup such as; concealer, mascara and blush. I then added a small amount of powder, making sure not to cover up the small freckles on my nose.

I then straightened my long blonde hair, allowing it to hang loosely down my waist before changing into a pair of black leggings, a slightly cropped black shirt, an oversized denim jacket, and my favourite pair of red Vans.

Not too formal for my first day, but I still looked like I gave a shit about my appearance.

"Hurry up or I'm going without you!" My brothers voice boomed up the stairs.

"Please do." I muttered under my breath before grabbing my backpack and heading downstairs; intentionally much slower than normal.

My brother was leaning against the door, tapping his foot impatiently against the wooden floorboards.

"Finally." He huffed as I walked down the stairs towards him.

"I took like 5 minutes shut up." I rolled my eyes.

Mitch opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when he saw my mother come into the hallway.

"Are you guys excited?" Her chirpy voice asked the two of us.

"As excited as you can be about joining a complete new school where you know literally no one." I smiled sarcastically at her.

"Come on honey don't think like that." My mom walked closer towards me. "I'm sure you will make lots of friends!" She smiled sympathetically.

"You'll be lucky." Mitch chuckled from behind my mom. Asshole.

"At least I don't have to act like an asshole to make people like me." I retorted back defensively, referring to his old group of friends back home.

"Ok that's quite enough!" My mom's voice was slightly raised this time as she switched eye contact between me and my brother.

"You're going to be late, so hurry up." She opened the front door and waved her hand for us to go through it.

"Bye, love you." I called behind me as I followed Mitch over to his car.

"You too." I heard my mom reply from behind us.

After the two of us got into Mitch's Range Rover, he started the car and we began our journey to school.

Even thinking about just walking into the large halls of the school and everyone staring at me, caused small butterflies to dance around the pit of my stomach.

I have never been the new girl before, and I wasn't looking forward to it.

-

So this was the first chapter!

It's fairly short, but trust me the chapters will get longer as the story goes on.

Vote and comment if you would like!

Love y'all