Twelve

-Renee's pov

"Monty stop!" I screamed at Monty as he repeatedly pounded his fist into Alex's now bruised and bloodied face.

"Monty!" I called again, this time trying to get ahold of Monty's arm to pull him away from the blonde boy. However, I immediately stopped when I felt him shrug me off harshly.

Bryce immediately grabbed onto Monty by the arms and pulled him off Alex, before he could do any more damage.

"C'mon buddy, I think that's enough now." Bryce spoke sternly to Monty, who was trying to escape his tight hold.

"I'm not fucking stopping till he's dead." Monty struggled through gritted teeth.

His bloodshot eyes were locked on Alex, who was being blocked by Zach and Scott.

I quickly glanced over to Mitch, who looked almost horrified at what he was seeing.

Even for someone who had been in many fights before, I could tell Mitch had never seen anything as gruesomeness vicious as this before.

"What in the world is happening here?!" The sound of Mr Porters voice echoed through the halls as he hurried over to the scene in front of me.

"I-it's nothing sir." Bryce replied back quickly, trying to face Monty in the other direction.

"Well this certainly doesn't look like nothing?" He squinted his eyes, staring down at Alex; who was covered in his own blood.

Everyone remained silent as we all stared at one another in panic.

If Monty got caught in another fight, god knows what would happen to him.

"You.." Mr Porter started, pointing at Alex. "Come with him." He signalled his pointer finger towards his own chest.

Alex slowly stood up, with the help of the two boys beside him, groaning in the process as he clenched onto one of his ribs with his hands.

The boy looked in awful condition. Yet, I couldn't find any part of myself feeling sorry for him.

After everything Monty had told me last night, and Alex treating it as a complete joke, he deserved what he got.

"And you Mr De La Cruz." He spoke again, staring at Monty, who had his back turned and his eyes locked tensely on the floor.

"You come with me too." A loud sigh left Monty's lips after he heard what the teacher had just said.

"You have to be fucking kidding me." He rolled his eyes, shrugging off Bryce's hold, who let go this time.

The three of them began walking down the corridor, neither one sparing any of us a second glance.

Chatter flared up around the room as the large crowd of bystanders began discussing, and even laughing about the fight that just took place.

I however, just stared at the other boys, completely shocked and horrified at what I had just witnessed.

-

I watched as Monty tapped his feet repeatedly against the floor of the school library, either out of nervousness or boredom.

After the fight between Monty and Alex, they were called to the library for a meeting with the student council and the Principal after school, to discuss what happened.

Zach, Bryce, Mitch, Scott, and I were also called to the meeting to give our opinions as close 'witnesses'.

We had been waiting for the past 15 minutes as Marcus and the rest of the school honour board discussed what was going to happen to the two boys.

I played with my fingers as I waited, hoping that Monty wouldn't receive any serious punishment.

"So.." Marcus began. "My team and I have discussed this case and we have decided that Alex will receive an hours detention for sparking up the fight using hurtful words against Monty's personal life."

I rolled my eyes as the words fell from Marcus's mouth. Surely he deserves more than an hours detention for bringing up shit about Monty's dad?

I could tell the others felt the same, because I heard Scott scoff from beside me.

"And Monty." Marcus continued. "We have decided that you will be benched from tonight's football game against the Eagles."

Monty's face instantly snapped up as he stared at Marcus in disbelief.

"That's fucking bullshit!" Monty yelled, standing up from his current seat next to Alex, who had a cold compress pressed against where his fresh bruises were.

"Language Mr De La Cruz." Principal Bolan interrupted sternly.

"No, this is bullshit!" Monty's voice grew louder as he ignored the teacher. "This freak gets one detention, and I get benched from the first game of the season!" Alex instantly wiped the current smirk from his face as Monty pointed accusingly at him.

"Yeah, C'mon Marcus." Zach intervened from the back, where the rest of us were sat.

"We need Monty. You can't do this!" Bryce added, a little less polite than Zach.

"The decisions final." Marcus looked to Courtney for support, who just nodded her head in return. "I hereby dismiss this meeting." He finished, pushing his chair out from beneath him.

"Fuck this." Monty shook his head before shoving past the principal and storming out of the Library entrance.

The room fell silent for a few moments, as everyone stared at one another awkwardly.

"Well, what the fuck are we going to do now." Scott spoke, popping out his bottom lip slightly.

"We're definitely going to lose tonight's game now." Bryce packed up his bag forcefully, clearly very frustrated from hearing Monty's punishment; as was everyone else.

"I'm so glad I play baseball." Mitch joked, earning an unamused glare from everyone, and a harsh shove in the side from Zach

"Ouch." He rubbed his side, shooting Zach a glare.

We all stood up, ready to make our way out of the Library, when Bryce turned around towards Alex.

"After everything Monty has done for you in the past." He glared down at the blonde boy, who was still sat down.

What did he mean 'after everything Monty had done for him'?

"You better watch your fucking back from now on." He shot Alex one last look before turning around and walking off, the rest of us following behind him.

No one spoke as we walked out of the school. We were all too busy lost in our own thoughts.

I couldn't help but question what had happened between Monty and Alex.

Did they used to be friends or something?

-

I'm sorry if you like Alex's character in 13rw.

You will learn a bit more about Monty and Alex's past through the next few chapters.

Did you think Monty's punishment was too harsh?

Votes and comments are highly appreciated!

Love y'all