Four

-Renee's pov

Friday

My first week at liberty flew by pretty quick.

Hannah and I have become much closer throughout the week, and the two of us spent nearly every day together during and after school.

She had become my best friend in a very short amount of time.

I have also made a few more friends through some of my classes, like; Sherri, Zach and Jessica. Although, I didn't really speak to them outside of the class.

Unfortunately, Monty and I haven't really spoken since our last History class, other than the odd smile or wave in the halls.

So, now here I am on a Friday afternoon, currently sat next to Sherri and Jess, painting some kind of landscape in art.

"What even is that?" Jess laughs as she practically stares at Sherri's work in disgust.

"It's art Jess, it can be whatever I want it to be."  Sherri replied back, defending her work.

"Yeah, well it looks like a deformed tree with a load of random colours splattered around it." Jess said, causing all three of us to break into a fit of giggles as we all examined the picture closely.

"Well I'm sorry." Sherri scoffed dramatically. "Not all of us have the natural artistic talent that Renee does." She said, staring at my landscape.

I had painted a light blue ocean on a beach with the colours of a vibrant, bright sunset in the background.

"That is true." Jess shrugged her shoulders.

"You seriously have some sick talent girl." She smiled at me after staring at my art piece.

"Thanks." I blushed slightly at her compliment.

I had always loved to paint. Whenever I felt sad, anxious, depressed; I would go to painting. It was like my escape mechanism.

My way to escape from the real world.

I guess over all the years of regularly using paints, I had got quite skilled at it.

"You know what else you would be good at?" Sherri turned to me after a second of silence.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow at the girl, already knowing what she was going to say.

"Cheerleading." She grinned stupidly at me.

"Yeah! You look like you have an athletic build, and you're pretty, so that's always a plus." Jess added.

Sherri and Jess have been nagging me to try out for the team almost every day.

They say it would be good publicity for me around the school, and that they needed an extra flyer for games anyway.

Although, I will be the first to say that I definitely didn't have the perky attitude or athletic talent to be a cheerleader.

"um, I don't think so." I chuckled sarcastically.

"Oh, come on!" Sherri nudged my shoulder lightly.

"I don't think I'd be very good at cheer. Maybe I'd be best just cheering the teams on from the seating area." I laughed.

Before anyone could say anything else, the regular, obnoxious bell rang, signalling the end of class.

"Well, at least think about it." Sherri smiled as we all began to pack up our art supplies.

"Alright, i'll let you know." I returned the smile. However, I already knew what my finally answer would be.

"Most definitely not."