Seven

-Renee's pov

The rest of the weekend went by pretty quickly.

I spent most of my time with Hannah; ranting about what happened with Monty, or just sitting and watching movies with shit tons of food.

She spent most of the weekend at my house, which we mostly had to ourselves.

My parents were both out doing their own things, and Mitch hasn't come home since the party on Friday.

When I didn't see him Saturday morning, my mind automatically thought the worst, that after his fight with Monty someone had called the police; meaning he was in jail.

However, after a few hours of non stop stressing and missed calls, I finally received a text from him, telling me that he was staying the weekend at Bryce's.

I was a little confused as to why he would want to spent the weekend there, but to be honest, part of me thought it was for the best.

After finding out from Zach that him and Monty had got into a physical fight, I was pretty pissed at Mitch.

So that brings me to now, Monday morning, getting ready for school.

"Can I wear this?" Hannah said, pulling out a mustard yellow, knitted sweatshirt from my wardrobe.

Hannah's parents were arguing last night, something that they often did, so I let her sleep at mine and get a ride to school with me.

"Yeah. That'll look hella cute on you." I smiled at her from the mirror of my vanity.

Hannah grinned at me to say thanks before taking the jumper, and the rest of her clothes into the bathroom to change.

I had on a black Vans t-shirt, blue ripped jeans, and my green and white Adidas sneakers.

My hair was pulled up into a tight ponytail and my face was left makeup free.

I really wasn't bothered to make the effort today.

-

As soon as we had pulled up into the school parking lot, everyone's eyes were already glued to me.

I guess news got around that the fight between my brother and Monty was based around the new girl in school.

"Just ignore them." Hannah squeezed my hand quickly after noticing I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable by the number of stares I was receiving.

Hannah and I walked through the halls casually, trying our best to ignore the judgemental glances students were giving us.

Of course my brothers actions would have to affect my reputation as well.

I stopped walking, when my eyes caught onto a familiar brunette.

Monty's eyes locked with mine for a few seconds, as he stood by himself at what I guessed was his locker.

He shot me a small, nervous smile. However, I didn't return the small gesture.

I was too focused on something else.

He had a large, swollen black eye, which caused the right side of his face to puff out slightly.

My heart clenched at the state of him. Did Mitch really do that to him?

"Looks like he took a rough beating after you left." Hannah chuckled to herself, her eyes also fixated on Monty's swollen eye.

"Seriously Hannah?" I scoffed. My eyes reverted from Monty to Hannah quickly.